Beware The Shootout

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

maxta

First Grader
Premium Member
The Tigers are a team who love a high scoring game.
They can certainly leak points, but have a host of amazing individual ball runners who can destroy any defence, particularly Tedesco & Tim Simona.
A physical approach tends to rattle them & often Tigers don't compete well against an aggressive defensive line, preferring the touch footy type game like against the Warriors last weekend.
Manly were down in energy round 1 for many reasons, but need to improve this area, particularly in the ruck, or this quick Tigers team will blow them away...even more so than the Dogs could, with individual flare that can exploit any tired/lazy defenders, particularly on the inside.
The real reason the Tigers are not a heavyweight condendor, is not through lack of pace & zest in attack...more they don't compete when it's a tough, physical encounter in those tight games based on defence....but in a shootout...they will most occasions.....hopefully Manly turn up with the aggressive defensive attitude that talks the Tigers out of the competition come Monday!!

We have a team that has brilliance across the park .
On our day we are capable of destruction.
The only things that is holding us back is ourselves.
The reason we lost last week was because we didn't hang on to the ball and we didn't gel. Heaven help the poor team when we do and the Tigers are going to be the first to find out what it will be like.
We will win tomorrow. How much we win by will depend on how much the referee will try and stop our momentum.

If we build our game around defence, will pile on the points & win well....but in a free flowing game, it plays into the Tigers trump card & invites them into the game.

If we build our game around defence, will pile on the points & win well....but in a free flowing game, it plays into the Tigers trump card & invites them into the game.
We have the premier backs and mobile back rowers to also do the job in a free flowing game I believe

For us to win Marty kapow has to be motm, his defence and fend will be what wins us the game. I also hope that Williame can show us what he is capable of because he has had a great off season for us. And DCE also needs to stand up and show that we didn't waste our Money. If we can win on Monday we can get on a roll with some games I'd back us to win in the coming weeks with sharks and Brookie, roosters who are out of form and rabbits at Brookie

This game will be decided by attitude and inside 20 minutes of the game. If manly brings good attitude it could be a rough night for Tigers but if we show up underestimating them we will get a touch up and plummet out of finals contention IMO, it will set the tone for the whole season. If cherry doesn't perform I'd heavily consider putting him in nsw cup to show that he needs to earn his money.

We have the premier backs and mobile back rowers to also do the job in a free flowing game I believe
Maybe can make it that style of footy & try outscore them but the fact is- why play to their strength & hope we click overnight, when a tough aggressive style is what they struggle with.
Last week against the Dogs tried to prove we were physically stronger in the middle which has been the Dogs strength & came off well & truly 2nd.
In time there's no doubt the quality of the Manly players can likely match these teams at their own games....but for now, will be highly surprised if Manly don't go out tomorrow night with the intention of strangling the Tigers from playing their flamboyant attacking style, then put the points on.

This game will be decided by attitude and inside 20 minutes of the game. If manly brings good attitude it could be a rough night for Tigers but if we show up underestimating them we will get a touch up and plummet out of finals contention IMO, it will set the tone for the whole season. If cherry doesn't perform I'd heavily consider putting him in nsw cup to show that he needs to earn his money.

Plummet from finals contention ?? In round 2...are you serious? Not even Newcastle are out of finals contention at this early stage.

Drop Cherry to NSW cup?? Cant agree with you there.
Cherry needs to have his confidence built up, not torn down

Anyone with a better attitude
Nothing wrong with Chez's attitude - if anything, he tries too hard.:)

Carty admitted that they need to simplify the structures. Too many new players and too many new plays just had Manly confused.:confused:

Rule #1, the hooker by default has to pass to Chez. Walker was getting the ball and was way out of his comfort zone.@:cool:

#ManlyTop8ByTuesday

FMD
giphy.gif

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8