Biff the consequences

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

jbb/james

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
This week if manly are passionate about winning we should put on the biff, pick a target like reynolds who will get involved for sure. Both men will get binned. With manlys backline the extra space a 12 v12 game would have to work to their advantage.

Either way the doggies are going to dive all over the shop like they were shot anyway. They are a disgrace to contact sport

I prefer if someone biffed the video ref.
Surely the match yesterday in Melbourne convinced everyone that the video ref was a blight on the sport. RL is becoming like soccer when players take dive, stay down to gain penalties, throw their hands skywards to intimidate the refs . . it's a disgrace. There is no flow in the sport any more. We are placing more players on report than ever before, and it will only get worse as coaches start sending their players to NIDA. No wonder Souffs are masters - they are owned by an actor.
To have a great try, such as that scored by Melbourne, refused on a slow-mo technicality, is not just stupid, it's a sad day for RL.

I'm with you JBB/James. Consequences be screwed. Get in there and when Ennis or Reynolds does one of their grub tactics, smash his teeth in. I guarantee it will cause an all-in for a start, and then you'll see others like James Graham go. A punch being thrown would be such a shock that it could really put a team off it's game.

The no punch rule has become a joke, now players like Ennis can do whatever he likes with no physical retribution, and also the refs wont do anything, so there's no retribution there.......time for Marshall Law. Or Matai Law!

MadMarcus said:
Taufua should start the fight. It would be the perfect crime.

Might fire Jorge up as well, he looks down at the moment.

Actually hope someone gives him one. We had a couple of big Somoans playing for us back in the day and they were so placid till someone belted them. We used to punch them from second row just to fire them up!

a trick I learned from one of my old mans mates- apparently they used to do that to Mick Veivers to fire him up.

Pull up a ring in from lower grades to do the dirty work so that we wont miss him when he is sent off and maybe target Ennis so that neither side has a hooker.

jbb/james said:
This week if manly are passionate about winning we should put on the biff, pick a target like reynolds who will get involved for sure. Both men will get binned. With manlys backline the extra space a 12 v12 game would have to work to their advantage.

Either way the doggies are going to dive all over the shop like they were shot anyway. They are a disgrace to contact sport

We should have done it against Souths. Ennis showed all the other 15 teams how to do it. No one learnt?? Niggle the sh1t out of South's number 7 and their game falls apart. You don't need to go the biff and get someone sent off.

Pressure the dogs halves and watch them stumble. Won't happen though. ANY crap from us will result in penalties and maybe send offs.

jbb/james said:

Thats a pretty good idea. Id run with it, especially now Chocs likely gone

HappilyManly said:
No biff please, just ignore Ennis and let him irritate the crap out of the Refs :idea:

and I suspect if it comes to biffo, they have far dirtier and ruthless players than us

Shoe1 said:
it worked for newtown in 81, our far more talented team was put off its game.

Different rules in 1981 mate, I agree it would work but won't if they are steam rolling us and we have to defend with 12 not 13

Not our style. I now we've had the odd offender, but Manly's reputation is that they play tough but fair, we always have played the game in a good spirit from what I remember. It's one of the reasons I've always loved the club.
Even back in the day, we didn't get Reilly and O'Neill so we could bash teams, we got them so we would not keep getting bashed out of games.

Go for the biff from the start. Disrupt the game to the point that nobody notices the score until the end. You never know, we may accidentally win.

Get their moronic, gang-banger fans going nuts in the stands too. See them get their stupid thick skulls thrown in gaol for the night. Even if they win, they won't be allowed back to the game next week.

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6