Big & Experienced Front Rowers To Win Premiership

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Aetna

Reserve Grader
In 1996: Mark Carroll, David Gillespie, Neil Tierney & Ian Roberts (missed GF).

In 2008: Brent Kite, Josh Perry, Jason King, Mark Bryant & George Rose (missed GF).

In 2011: Joe Galuvao, Brent Kite, George Rose, Vic Mauro & Josh Perry (missed GF).

Agree that you need a good Full-Back, Hooker & Half-Back/Five-Eight combination but without the go forward of a big & strong front-row you are always back peddling.

Manly have always done well when they bought experienced front rowers even for a couple of seasons.

And you only have to go back to the 70's and 80's to see the same thing, Kevin Ward for example was instrumental in our 1987 win.

Yes, just agreed with this (in Rumoured/Confirmed Signings Thread).

If we can find one, and afford it, go for it for sure (even Big Willie for a year).

My heart still hopes Hame Luaki is given an extra year here. With a full pre-season with the group and Donny, he could still be good for Us. (He's only 30 yrs-old too, keep in mind!)

I think Starling can cover well for King in terms of what he offers on the field and also mongrel, but he should be off the bench. Lawrence for mine faded a little. George should come back for a one year deal to get on the bench and give us a strong, hard 20 per game.

What we need is a top line prop. JSL to second row. Lui off the bench. One gun back rower and prop and we are set.

When does shopping season open? Oh right it never ends. Why don't we just have someone have a convo with Aaron Woods off the record. He's apparently a fan. Would be perfect.

I don't know why we just don't talk to any gun front rower. Contracts these day's aren't worth the paper the are printed on. Sign up Josh McGuire he's a nugget. And get Dogzilla Kasiano front row sorted.

Aaron Woods was a missed opportunity as he is a Manly fan from a very young age. Kasiano would be a great buy & maybe either Willie Mason or Luke Bailey on a 1 year deal.

Aetna said:
In 1996: Mark Carroll, David Gillespie, Neil Tierney & Ian Roberts (missed GF).

In 2008: Brent Kite, Josh Perry, Jason King, Mark Bryant & George Rose (missed GF).

In 2011: Joe Galuvao, Brent Kite, George Rose, Vic Mauro & Josh Perry (missed GF).

Agree that you need a good Full-Back, Hooker & Half-Back/Five-Eight combination but without the go forward of a big & strong front-row you are always back peddling.

Manly have always done well when they bought experienced front rowers even for a couple of seasons.

He wasn't at the club in 2011.

Mason and Bailey have both had it. The success at Manly over the last 10 years, has been a core group, not one or two blow ins. We need to build for a strong sustainable future with young legs. Killer, Matai, Snake, Ballin, and co. are all the old heads we need; plenty of experience there. What we need is young fresh aggressive and angry types.

^^^Exactly. Guys please get off this Mason idea. He is well past his best. Manly is not a team that takes on sub-par players. Next year he will be another year older and when you are in your early, mid 30's your fitness/feel for the game can change quick. No to Mason.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4