Big League Magazine on Ebay $100k

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

bob dylan

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Only-Big-League-magazine-never-released-public-sale-/320800148872?pt=AU_Magazines&hash=item4ab12dcd88#ht_500wt_1204&clk_rvr_id=287633793446

I was gonna bid but the $10 for postage seems a rip off, prepared to pay $6.00 max.

Description

This is a very rare oppurtunity for a collector of rare items and sporting memorabilia who wants to have something that no one else has and here it is, this is a Big League Magazine which was pulled from public release due to the cover showing John Simons head high tackling Darren lockyer in a game between Parramatta and Brisbane in 1998, the issue of the magazine is September 9-15 1998, Volume 79, No.28, the magazine cover was changed at the last minute and the magazine was released with a new a cover, big league management decided to change the cover after they realised that they would be promoting head high tackles if this cover went ahead and so decided to change the cover all the copys of this cover were supposed to be destroyed but i managed to keep one and thought to keep it for a later date to sell when it would be worth a bit more. As Darren Lockyer has retired from playing Rugby League i thought it would be a great oppurtunity to sell this magazine now to some one who appreciates these rare items and has a love of rugby league in general.and it would be a great addition to a collector who wants something no one else has!!!! 

Does anyone remember the Big League issue last year that had a very naughty word in the kids crossword? I wish I kept that copy, it'd be worth $150k by now!

I've got s big league with Phil Blake on the cover. Would happy to sell for 10 or 20 grand or so

i had a Big League from 1980's with all the Manly & Parra signatures and then went to see Cronulla & Penrith the day after and got both Teams to sign the same book. Easy 60 plus signatures on the team names.

That might be worth $200K then...

I've submitted a question to the seller asking if the 0 button got stuck when he entered the starting price.

Seriously what a greedy ****er, no one in their riight mind would pay that

Take a look at the other stuff he is trying to sell

Berkeley_Eagle said:
Seriously what a greedy f***er, no one in their riight mind would pay that

Yeah what a genius he must be.

**** you would think that you would get free postage included. I have the magazines from each of Manlys grand finals, they would be worth a million going on this idiot ebayer calculations!

Berkeley_Eagle said:
Seriously what a greedy f***er, no one in their riight mind would pay that

Its ok BE, the seller is from Minto, that dueling banjos country so it explains it all.

More ebay(UK) league stuff.

This must be the luckiest bloke on earth, all his items were given to him

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/ghandi_gooner1/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=&_trksid=p3686&clk_rvr_id=288698120007&afsrc=1

I got a winfield box with every team emblem on redheads matches boxes from the last winfield cup.

Probably not worth much. Anyone seen them on ebay before??

Question & Answer Answered On
Q: Did the 0 button get stuck when you typing in the starting price? 24-Nov-11
A: No mate!!
Q: So if it was never released, how did you get a hold of a copy? Also, you can't honestly think that someone would buy a magazine for $100 000! Seriously, come on, that's highway robbery! 24-Nov-11
A: I use to work where they printed big league magazine, and mate im actually hoping someone who is rich as and loves their footy memrobilia wants it mate im even hoping the nrl heirachy might even want to buy it back and have it in their safe keeping and even if it doesnt get sold mate i'll keep it and get darren locker to sign when he becomes an immortal
Q: g day , if they were never released how did you get one ???? dave 23-Nov-11
A: I worked in the place where we printed the magazine and decided to take a copy home as in the four years i worked their i never heard of a magazine being pulled from the stands because of its cover and it seemed like a good oppurtunity to grab a copy and keep it as changing covers or changing headlines only usually happens when someone very important dies or a world changing event happens and it cost Big league at the time a lot of money around $500,000 at the time because as those magazines where just about to be transported out thats when us printers had to re-print the covers on the same day they had to be transported out so it was a very expensive exercise for Big League that week, and i knew it had to be worth something in years to come so i grabed a copy and kept it all these years waiting for lockyer to retire.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6
6 3 3 16 6