Big Manly fan Jamie Buhrer to become Sea Eagles centurion

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Jethro

Star Trekkin' across the universe
Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member
HE was the kid who used to travel from his home in Blacktown to sit on the Brookvale Oval hill to cheer on his beloved Sea Eagles.

And on Monday night Jamie Buhrer will be rewarded for all that loyalty when he plays his 100th NRL game for the club against St George Illawarra at WIN Jubilee Oval.

Read More

HE was the kid who used to travel from his home in Blacktown to sit on the Brookvale Oval hill to cheer on his beloved Sea Eagles.

And on Monday night Jamie Buhrer will be rewarded for all that loy
2014Apr26100208_4854585031.jpg
alty when he plays his 100th NRL game for the club against St George Illawarra at WIN Jubilee Oval.

"I'm pretty stoked, it was always a dream of mine to play for Manly," he said.

"To bring up 100 games is something that is truly special not only for me but my family."

When his dad Robbie, was a big Manly fan, didn't drive to Brookvale, Buhrer and his mates would make the trip by public transport.

"We'd get the train into Wynyard, then I'd catch the bus to the golf shop down at Brookie, walk across, grab a hotdog on the way in and make my way to the hill," Buhrer said.

"We used to make those signs just like the fans now who do the same

He would cheer on the likes of Steve Menzies, Ben Kennedy and his coach Geoff Toovey.

"Even blokes I play with now like Choc (Anthony Watmough) Gifty (Glenn Stewart) and Snake (Brett Stewart) I watched sitting on the hill as well," he said.

"We used to make those signs just like the fans now who do the same

And the milestone could have taken place a few weeks earlier.

On the first two occasions Buhrer was selected in the first grade squad against the Storm and the Titans he didn't get onto the field.

"All my family had come down to Melbourne to see me play," he recalled.

It was third time lucky when he debuted against his old junior club Parramatta at Brookie on May 17 2010.

"It's been five years of really good moments on and off the field," he said.

There are set to be more of those good times ahead with Buhrer revealing he was close to finalising a new deal with the club.
Jon Geddes
Manly Daily

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/newslocal/northern-beaches/big-manly-fan-jamie-buhrer-to-become-sea-eagles-centurion/story-fngr8iii-1226993805050

Jamie is such a fixture, that we haven't noticed :angel:

I do recall The Son of Sam leaving him on the bench a few times though :dodgy: But those games count too :)

Love that kid. His work ethic especially. Has tried hard in every game I've seen and his physical and skill development would suggest he has applied the same diligence off the field. Congratulations to him.

Great to see Ferris take it to another level this year. All he needed was some decent game time which he's finally got this year, and he's shown everyone what he's capable of.
Will only get better and great to hear he'll be continuing his career at Manly.

Will eventually be every bit as good as Gift. An able replacement. In the end it was a choice, either keep gift lose ferris.

And to think, there were many who thought Jamie wasn't big enough to play first grade. He's definitely proved all the knockers wrong.

Congratulations on reaching 100 games. At this rate it won't be long before he reaches 200.

Playing 100 games is a great achievement, and he's still very young.

Keep proving the doubters wrong Jamie (and before this year I was definitely one of those)!

What I love more than anything is he's a diehard Manly fan himself. You just can't instill that love of a club.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6