'Big Money' Matches

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

ManlyArmy

Bencher
Looking at this year's draw, there seems to be a few games that I class as 'big money' matches. Games like Souths v Dogs on Good Friday, Eels v Tigers on Easter Monday, Dragons v Roosters on Anzac Day, Storm v Warriors on Anzac Day aswell.

Got me thinking, seeing these games happen every year, should Manly push for a similar game. Maybe Manly v Easts on Easter Saturday, 3pm at the SFS or even Manly v Souths at the SCG on a Sunday Arvo. (I know its this year)

If we could attract a crowd of 25,000 or more would do wonders for the club.

Thoughts?

I think the future will be this way, Manly will play a few big games at neutral venues to capatlize on making money. I would love to see a few games at the SCG as that was the tradition of the game for years and years.

The SCG is rubbish for watching nrl, too far away from the action. SCG is for cricket, afl, baseball and concerts.

Manly v Parra at the SCG a few years back was great. Wouldn't mind that again.

If moving a couple of games a year for big money, i don't mind.

The SCG seats are miles away from the action, its worse than ANZ for NRL :s

Manly needs to go to QLD/NZ to get the crowds. Or wherever the Stadium guarantees the takings.

Hard to see 25k Manly Fans anywhere outside of the GF :cool:

The prices at Brookie are stopping the grassroots from attending too.

TV has weaned people off weekly attendances :(

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7