Big Rumour over here, not Manly related

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Kiwi Eagle

Staff member
Lots of talk that Ruben Wiki may reitre this week due to a neck injury, he has been named for this week however. A true legend of the Kiwi game, will be a sad way for him to go out

Now to give this a slight Manly slant, if he does reitre they will have some big bucks to throw around, and they want a good 2nd rower, and some fans are already mentioning Watmough. Lock him up ASAP Manly

Hmmm. Interesting. With Price and Wiki the Warriors had great go ahead. I thought they were going to be dark horses this year but the wheels seem to have fallen off. They seem leaderless and need Wiki badly.

Wiki did great things for Canberra and has been an ornament to the game.

He just needs to get a couple of good sessions on the kava under his belt and his neck will be fine.

He has been a dead set legend though, probably my favourite Kiwi player by a good stretch. Has been responsible for some great bell ringers in his time, and always gives 100%. Agree that Warriors aren't as imposing without him in the line up. Still remember him as a "skinny" 18yr old centre for the Raiders.

Yeah, Ruben is a top player.. Bit of a grub at times.. but mainly just plays the game nice and hard. I'd have him in my team anytime.

Is there a record of how many weeks he missed because of suspension?? He'd have to be close to the most!!

Rubes has been well below on form this year. Playing less minutes, less impact.

I thought the word was that he had last weekend off to keep him fresh for next weekend's match against the Storm (without Steve Price).

It'd be sad to see him retire not on his own terms, but the Warriors are actually travelling better when they have Tuimavave on the field.

Yeah, Ruben is a top player.. Bit of a grub at times.. but mainly just plays the game nice and hard. I'd have him in my team anytime.

Is there a record of how many weeks he missed because of suspension?? He'd have to be close to the most!!

The record lies with Pongia i am pretty sure, maybe around 42 weeks

Wiki is either 2nd or 3rd i think, around 35-38 weeks. most of them just prior to a test match

These stats may be from the time they started handing out penalties in game form, not month form. About 95% sure i read Pongia at the top of the list

yeah Boyd had a couple of real lenghty stints pretty much back to back.
Boyd got a long stretch for following instructions in an Origin match and breaking Brohman's jaw. He was hung out to dry as the QLDers cried foul. It was also when Jim Comans was trying to clean up the game - despite the fire and softening up period of Origin - some even claim that Boyd was instructed to do so.

A few games back after about a season Boyd was captured on telly eye gouging someone and went for another season. It cost Manly the comp in 83 in my opinion.

[quote author=Fro]
yeah Boyd had a couple of real lenghty stints pretty much back to back.
Boyd got a long stretch for following instructions in an Origin match and breaking Brohman's jaw. He was hung out to dry as the QLDers cried foul. It was also when Jim Comans was trying to clean up the game - despite the fire and softening up period of Origin - some even claim that Boyd was instructed to do so.

A few games back after about a season Boyd was captured on telly eye gouging someone and went for another season. It cost Manly the comp in 83 in my opinion

[/quote]

Our fault again. Preferential treatment again. Good one Canteen :clap:

I've put feelers out there to get the list of "most weeks missed by a player due to suspension"

But, I'm not getting alot back... Fluffy is normally good for a stat or two.. hook a brother up!!

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4