Big Willy Report

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

maxta

First Grader
Premium Member
Seems through the early season Big Willie Mason has had a positive leadership amongst the Seaeagles players....
No doubt he has been an intimidating player in his prime & though still a tough bugger, relies on his experience & guidance more than just his damaging collisions these days.
Whats the un-bias opinions on how he will go in 2015 as we close in on the season??
I think he will lift those around him & his enthusiasm will push players up another gear.
His own ability will still be good but only 75% of the young Bulldog who dominated the ruck a decade ago.
His signing should still prove to be of great benefit , especially with Watmough & Stewart missing in the engine room, still a great leader & has too much pride not to prove that.
Personally looking foward to seeing the big fella in action.

personally i think he will go well, its an astute signing to bring experience to our young pack, and he will not take a backwards step. he may get put on his arse a few times but he will come back for more. hopefully we get a good year out of him. he sounds like he is loving being with the mighty MWSE.

He is certainly saying all the right thing and that might be all these guys need, just the right advice.

He's bought in to the culture, is an old head that replaces some of the experience we've lost and whether you like him or not he's done everything in the game so for a one year flyer and 30-40 minutes a game, he should be fine.

Gould has been saying the same thing about Mason for the last 10 years. Gould reckons Mason is a great bloke to have around any side because of his charisma.

I can't wait to see Willie run out for us. Think he will have a great year

Has always been a favourite, regardless of which club he was playing for. All he needs is a good 15 mins each half and be on the bench yelling encouragement.

Willie has always been popular with his team mates. When he's gotten off side with coaches its been in part because they were worried about the influence he held over the playing group. He's a mature player now and realises the impact he can have on the kids and his presence will be nothing but good for the relatively inexperienced forward pack we have.

I am thinking he will have an effect similar to BK, not as major as BK did, but it will really be his job to instill new attitude in the younger players as the old guard start to move into retirement over the next few years.

Yeh I'm hopeful.

Got a point to prove, and seems to be very self-aware about his role at the club. The noises coming out of pre-season seems to suggest he's took up the leadership mantle in the pack as well. Let's hope he will lead the way on the field as well.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2