Biggest change post-2011

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

simon_eagle

Reserve Grader
To me, the biggest change (post-Des) is in the way in which the coach and players interact with the media.

Des was the master of talking down his teams credentials - or perhaps talking up the opponents credentials, often preferring his side to "fly under the radar". He is doing the same thing this season with his new club - and it's working a treat. He wanted them to remain "competitive" in the summer, when perhaps he saw more in the club then what he gave away.

While I appreciate that Tooves has tried to adopt the same plan whilst talking to the media - to me, I don't think it's working.

The players, meanwhile, appear to be given much more freedom to express their personal opinions. Last season, a player simply would not have been able to say, "you know, we are on course to win the premiership." Even if certain players actually believed that was a possibility.

Only last week DCE told the media that we are a good shot at back-to-back. Would that statement have been made in 2011? I'm not saying that Des's approach and the advice he gave his players when talking to the media was preferable, just making an observation.

I have faith in this team and it's coach. I have less faith in the owners and the board.

To me, the biggest change (post-Des) is in the way in which the coach and players interact with the media.

Des was the master of talking down his teams credentials - or perhaps talking up the opponents credentials, often preferring his side to "fly under the radar". He is doing the same thing this season with his new club - and it's working a treat. He wanted them to remain "competitive" in the summer, when perhaps he saw more in the club then what he gave away.

While I appreciate that Tooves has tried to adopt the same plan whilst talking to the media - to me, I don't think it's working.

The players, meanwhile, appear to be given much more freedom to express their personal opinions. Last season, a player simply would not have been able to say, "you know, we are on course to win the premiership." Even if certain players actually believed that was a possibility.

Only last week DCE told the media that we are a good shot at back-to-back. Would that statement have been made in 2011? I'm not saying that Des's approach and the advice he gave his players when talking to the media was preferable, just making an observation.

I have faith in this team and it's coach. I have less faith in the owners and the board.

The journos asked questions, our guys answer them

Way too much being made of this stuff about all our boys saying we are going to do this and going to do that

Foran would have been asked by a journo if we could make the top 4, he would have answered I think we can if we do this and this and all of a sudden the headline is Foran says Manly will make top 4 etc

The journos asked questions, our guys answer them

Way too much being made of this stuff about all our boys saying we are going to do this and going to do that

Foran would have been asked by a journo if we could make the top 4, he would have answered I think we can if we do this and this and all of a sudden the headline is Foran says Manly will make top 4 etc

Definately no way DCE would have said in 2011 they were a good chance to go back to back, mainly because we didnt win it in 2010

Definately no way DCE would have said in 2011 they were a good chance to go back to back, mainly because we didnt win it in 2010

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8