Biggest game of the year (again)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

clontaago

First Grader
This week certainly is a crunch round. With us facing the Knights, the Cowboys and Panthers playing each other, and the Broncos against the Titans.

This is a must win game for us (again).  :)

Crunch Time

1 week at a time

most important game of the year

need to turn up ready to play

Must win game

etc etc etc :)

clontaago link said:
This week certainly is a crunch round. With us facing the Knights, the Cowboys and Panthers playing each other, and the Broncos against the Titans.

This is a must win game for us (again).  :)

I just hope Rodney is back....geez he was well trained as a junior!!

CliffyIsGod link said:
Under the rader.

Knights without Mullen, plus Smith deserting them, plus good preperation for our boys sans SOO, a win!

It could also mean they are going to band together and his us hard. If we play like we did on Saturday it's going to be a hard game to watch

It will be a valuable win if we can grab it.

A turn out like against the dogs is what is needed

What a bloody shame we surrendered home ground advantage.  Having it at Bluetongue is virtually a home game for Drugcastle. 

Maybe not.  Smith has ensured a hostile reception for him at least.  Bluetongue on a Friday night?  Very hard for Sydney based fans to get to.  Hope it's worth the 100 grand.  I'll be a Currawong, so near and yet so far.

Given the Knights fan base are mainly dole bludgers I would imagine they'll be taking the Friday game in force, unlike the taxpayers from Manly who write their cheques.   

Hopefully they run the same revenge line that seemed to work and have them fired up against the Dogs

Shame we don't have Matai back yet. I would also like to see our centres swap sides, so we get the Stewart/Lyon/Williams combo that works so well back together

We simply MUST win this game. We need to finish 5th for the following reasons:
1. There's a good chance we'd play the Titans. I fancy us up there against them. It's certainly a better proposition to playing away against the Dragons / Storm. A win will give us good momentum going into the 2nd week, which is key.
2. Little chance of being eliminated first w/e from 5th.

we should finish 4th, much better than 5th as you get the home ground advantage and even less chance of being eliminated

I will be in the minority but I feel this could be one of the smallest games of the year.

Fluffy link said:
we should finish 4th, much better than 5th as you get the home ground advantage and even less chance of being eliminated

5th is exactly the same chance of being eliminated as 4th, because if you lose it is to the 5th placed team and you effectively take their place. 

Matabele link said:
What a bloody shame we surrendered home ground advantage.  Having it at Bluetongue is virtually a home game for Drugcastle. 

Hasn't seemed to worry us in the past.

Matabele link said:

Spot on I hope at the end of the season we don't regret giving up home ground advantage for this game,at Brookie we are almost certainties where as now it's 50/50 at best.Who can we blame for giving this game up Mayer (penn) or Delmege?

Haven't our last few home games against the Knights been at Gosford? And we've beaten them each time up there as well, I think.

Downie link said:
Haven't our last few home games against the Knights been at Gosford? And we've beaten them each time up there as well, I think.

yep - haven't lost up there since NE i think

reyam link said:
[quote author=Matabele link=topic=181117.msg232745#msg232745 date=1248062813]

Spot on I hope at the end of the season we don't regret giving up home ground advantage for this game,at Brookie we are almost certainties where as now it's 50/50 at best.Who can we blame for giving this game up Mayer (penn) or Delmege?
[/quote]  The Board voted 5-2 for this wonderful initiative I believe.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6