bill harrigan at origin

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

jbb/james

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
I would love to find out what capacity did hollywood attended origin. Was he in a work capacity, paid for by the proceeds of Rugby League. And if so what the hell was he doing getting a coffee during the 2 x 40 minute timeslots he should be on duty.

If he was not there in an official capacity surely he paid his own way, and fair enough.

If he was there as a guest to slush it up on the expense account, who approved this when the partners of the game are going broke

That would rule out every official of either the game's admin or an individual club getting a coffee during play. Bill is entitled to keep his throat lubricated.

Harrigan was a disgraceful referee and how he ever got appointed to his current position is astounding. Was (the late) Barry Gommersall the only other candidate.

Whats more astounding he holds onto to the job even though he appears to have made no progress at all in bettering the refereeing standard.

Gallop should show some leadership and have Harrigan sacked and hand the reigns over to someone like Tony Archer, as it appears he out of favour. Now ranked at best No 5 referee in the game after those three origin clowns(I'll include Klein even though he only the back up) and Kevin Hayne.

ManlyBacker said:
That would rule out every official of either the game's admin or an individual club getting a coffee during play. Bill is entitled to keep his throat lubricated.

What other reason would the referee's boss be flown to melb, accomodated and expensed then to observe the refs. Based on your analagy why cant the players just stroll off when it suits them and hang out with mates in the crowd and leave a 10 v 10 player game, for throat lubrication

Bills job is to ensure the refs get the job done and to excuse yourself from potentially the biggest decision in origin history is inexcusable. his job is part of the game and its outcome. If not then he has no reason to be there at all.

And beside the game was a cracker, 7 minutes to go, game in the balance and the man gets a coffee. Yeah right. I was considering cleaning the gutters at that time too but i couldnt find my gloves

I thought he said he was getting a coffee during the Jennings sin bin, not the Inglis "try".

As for the comparison with Craig Thomson, I'm not sure we are talking about the same kind of "coffee".

bob dylan said:
Harrigan was a disgraceful referee and how he ever got appointed to his current position is astounding. Was (the late) Barry Gommersall the only other candidate.

Whats more astounding he holds onto to the job even though he appears to have made no progress at all in bettering the refereeing standard.

Gallop should show some leadership and have Harrigan sacked and hand the reigns over to someone like Tony Archer, as it appears he out of favour. Now ranked at best No 5 referee in the game after those three origin clowns(I'll include Klein even though he only the back up) and Kevin Hayne.

I agree Bob. It's laughable that some consider him to be one of the best refs ever. He was, and is a biased cheat who couldn't control his emotions or ego.

jbb/james said:
ManlyBacker said:

What other reason would the referee's boss be flown to melb, accomodated and expensed then to observe the refs. Based on your analagy why cant the players just stroll off when it suits them and hang out with mates in the crowd and leave a 10 v 10 player game, for throat lubrication

Bills job is to ensure the refs get the job done and to excuse yourself from potentially the biggest decision in origin history is inexcusable. his job is part of the game and its outcome. If not then he has no reason to be there at all.

And beside the game was a cracker, 7 minutes to go, game in the balance and the man gets a coffee. Yeah right. I was considering cleaning the gutters at that time too but i couldnt find my gloves

He is about the best ref I have ever seen. His SOO matches were superb. Get a grip. I have no problem with him eating lobster sangers washed down with Crownies or whatever he likes, followed by fluffy pillows at his hotel surrounded by vestal virgins. You stick to digging out whatever you like from your gutters haha :D

I wonder what our response would be if 2V couldn't comment on a game changing play because he was getting a coffee?

No surprise Harrigan is entrenched in charge, and unaccountable.

Super League man.

Rex said:
Super League man.

Yes he was Rex and in the ref's defense I would have walked too. Packer ran around throwing a fortune at the players to keep them, and forgot the refs. They were offered something like 15 times their paltry pay from the dark side, and I don't blame them for leaving.

In the end it is very important how they spend the NRL's cash when the clubs are struggling financially. The amount of support staff flown around who serve no significant function have an impact of grass roots funding and annual grants

It all comes from the profits of Rugby League at the detriment of those who provide a product

Bills history and abilities do not weigh in to it. What is the point of having someone with 500 years experience if he isn't there when needed . I read a article today which said the last time a video ref performed that poorly was gasniers try against Manly. Maybe he was making a coffee then. Maybe he doesn't take his job seriously enough

This game is quickly becoming a major **** storm for the code in general.All issues stem from the referring and the code is receiving massive fallout. The refs boss was flown in to oversee 2 forty minute time slots and by his own admission couldn't hold his attention long enough to do the job

To be there on game day and then have to advise everyone he has to wait until he gets back and have a look at it is a terrible look for the management of the game.

This forum is a cross section of society and I am not surprised some of you don't get that. too be honest i have no concern if bill has a Chariot full of vestals as long as he pays for them himself

jbb/james said:
To be there on game day and then have to advise everyone he has to wait until he gets back and have a look at it is a terrible look for the management of the game.

This forum is a cross section of society and I am not surprised some of you don't get that. too be honest i have no concern if bill has a Chariot full of vestals as long as he pays for them himself

I'll definitely agree the whole way it has been presented in the media hasn't been a good look. Paul K*nt has lead the charge.

And I do agree Bill needs to lift his and the ref's on-field performances.

And if he directly selected the refs for SOO1 then he needs another smack.

Do you have proof he didn't pay his way?

jbb/james said:
In the end it is very important how they spend the NRL's cash when the clubs are struggling financially. The amount of support staff flown around who serve no significant function have an impact of grass roots funding and annual grants

It all comes from the profits of Rugby League at the detriment of those who provide product

Bills history and abilities do not weigh in to it. What is the point of having someone with 500 years experience if he isn't there when needed . I read a article today which said the last time a video ref performed that poorly was gasniers try against Manly. Maybe he was making a coffee then. Maybe he doesn't take his job seriously enough

This game is quickly becoming a major s**t storm for the code in general.All issues stem from the referring and the code is receiving massive fallout. The refs boss was flown in to oversee 2 forty minute time slots and by his own admission couldn't hold his attention long enough to do the job

Does Toovey pay for his water up in the coaches box during the game or does our financially struggling club foot the bill ?

I figure whilst he was getting a Coffee, he couldn't have had any less idea of what was happening in the game than the Refs on the field.

Kiwi Eagle said:
jbb/james said:

It all comes from the profits of Rugby League at the detriment of those who provide product

This game is quickly becoming a major s**t storm for the code in general.All issues stem from the referring and the code is receiving massive fallout. The refs boss was flown in to oversee 2 forty minute time slots and by his own admission couldn't hold his attention long enough to do the job

Does Toovey pay for his water up in the coaches box during the game or does our financially struggling club foot the bill ?

So you are implying the NRL should fund bills trip to origin to not do a job and just because bill is a top bloke.And he shouldnt be on constant duty for 80 minutes to justify him being there. Please go to the trouble of explaining to me why bill should be expensed as a fan and not an employee, and when you do i will tackle the big toovey watergate issue for you. It seems reasonable to me. You have offered plenty or sarcasm, all I ask is an educated reason. Go ahead

Are you also implying manly are not struggling financially

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8