Billy and Cooper are brown-nosers

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

ManlyBacker

Winging it
Of the top four - I guess they want to be kept....

QLD stars back Bellamy
Rob Forsaith Sportal

Queensland backs Billy Slater and Cooper Cronk have voiced their support for embattled NSW coach Craig Bellamy, saying it would be wrong to hold their club boss responsible for the Blues' recent horrid form in State of Origin.

Critics calling for Bellamy's head have been vocal ever since NSW crashed to a 34-6 loss in Brisbane last month, a result which consigned the state to their fifth successive Origin series defeat.

There is much speculation Wednesday night will be the last time Bellamy holds the Blues' reins, with the NSWRL tipped to make widespread changes for 2011, including the appointment of a full-time coach.

Cronk described Bellamy as the 'best coach in the game' and believed it had been wrong for some rugby league pundits to point the finger at him after yet another one-sided Origin series.

"Every team would love to have the best coach in the game in charge, but sometimes it just doesn't work," Cronk said on Sunday.

"It's difficult because guys like us (at the Storm), who play under him every week, we know how much effort and time he puts into each individual player in his team."

"What's happened to him is obviously a shame and he doesn't deserve it considering the work he puts in, but sometimes that's life."

"I do feel for him, because he's definitely a guy that bends over backwards for every player in your side."

Slater was also supportive: "It's been a tough three years in representative coaching for Craig, but he certainly hasn't lost any respect from me or anyone coached under him."

Bellamy has endured a very difficult year, with the Blues' disastrous preparation for Origin II coming hot on the heels of the Storm's salary cap scandal.

Cronk and Slater were quick to praise Bellamy's mettle in the testing times.

"Craig has been a mountain this year, he's stood tall and firm with some of the things he has had to deal with," Cronk said.

The Storm are facing a well-publicised battle to keep their talented playing list together, most notably headline stars Slater, Cronk, Cameron Smith and Greg Inglis.

The club will only be able to move forward with contract talks upon release of Deloitte's findings, which are expected to be made public in the coming weeks.

Slater and Cronk have been linked with a host of different NRL clubs, and indeed various rugby union franchises, but both were keen to reaffirm their goal is to stay with the Storm.

Utility Player link said:
[quote author=ManlyBacker link=topic=183854.msg271600#msg271600 date=1278242512]
\"I do feel for him, because he's definitely a guy that bends over backwards for every player in your side.\"

Must make it easier to get to those hard to reach places.
[/quote]

lol Utility

Bends over backwards for every player in the side lol

He certainly looked after Brett and Kitey a couple of years back when they got about 15mins each in 1 of the games

What about the greatest act of nepotism ever seen when Steve Turner was selected for NSW for one game!

WAMF link said:
Hopefully Cronk will be brown nosing Des shortly.
I guarantee you that all of the "big four" will stay at Melbourne next season. They will have the rest of the team on the basic wage.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4