Bird convicted, fined for lying to police

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

ManlyBacker

Winging it
There goes any hopes of playing in England.

"Greg Bird has been convicted and fined $2,500 for lying to police about how his girlfriend was injured at their Sydney home last year.

Bird was convicted of glassing his girlfriend Katie Milligan at their home 14 months ago.

He was sentenced to at least eight months jail, but he served none of that because his lawyers challenged the conviction.

Two weeks ago they won after Ms Milligan testified, saying it was an accident.

Bird was back at Downing Centre Local Court today to deal with the last of the charges, one of public mischief.

That relates to the lie that he told police shortly after the incident, when he blamed his flatmate.

The 25-year-old pleaded guilty to that and his lawyer Chris Nyst today argued that he did not mean for his friend to get in trouble.

He spent close to an hour arguing that Bird is a man of good character who has been through enough.

The magistrate fined the newly-signed Titans player $2,500, but he said he could not let him get away without a criminal record."

abc.net.au

All fine with Gallop of course though.  Wouldn't want to upset the new NRL golden boy Searle. 

I look forward to the day that Brett has his name cleared and gallop apologises to him & his family.

Wont hold my breath waiting for the second part of that.

A criminal conviction should rule him out of ESL in the future. No wonder he signed for the Titans.

Jatz Crackers link said:
I look forward to the day that Brett has his name cleared and gallop apologises to him & his family.

or the first part of it  :'(

blitzkrieg link said:
[quote author=Jatz Crackers link=topic=182136.msg247130#msg247130 date=1260238135]

or the first part of it  :'(
[/quote]

The law is an ass. And a long drawn out ass at that.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4