Bit late now for the NRL to start worrying about gambling

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

The Who

Journey Man
How hypocritical of the NRL to be acting tough on gambling irregularities. The NRL is happy to take the sponsorship revenue and commissions from the betting agencies, and got the game in the mess it is by legitimising gambling on the game, and supporting the media who promote gambling throughout every broadcast, RL TV show, and sporting newspaper.
If the NRL was fair dinkum it would cut all ties with betting agencies. Of course this won’t happen, and they’ll fall back on the cliche that it is “legal to gamble”. It’s legal to smoke too, but it took a Government ban on tobacco promotions before the NRL gave up its 30 pieces of silver from the tobacco companies.
There is no doubt that the constant promotion of the gambling elements detracts from the sport, has damaged the integrity of RL ,and has needlessly put doubt in people’s minds that some matches are not totally above board.
Kids are being conditioned about betting options when they should be watching players for their skills, not their odds.
You can’t stop illegal gambling, but I think it is incongruous that the NRL associates itself with betting.   

I'll give you $1.70 that you are right and probably $13.00 that the NRL will actually do anything about it. ;)

Gallop looks such a tool on this.  Given some advice by the expert but chose not to follow it.  Now ducking for cover.  Idiot.

Hardly rocket science that fixes will increasingly occur with NRL sanctioned betting exploding and being regularly and actively promoted in media coverage of games.

The more money in the betting, the more the fixes.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4