BJ Lawrence future

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
So the gist is that Manly do need to offload players to pay Walker :wondering:

Hiku sounds like he will get a big pay rise, so good luck to the kid. His salary sacrifice to stay at Manly will be rewarded by another Club :)

Bugger...this guy is the first player I would be cutting out of the others mentioned. Back injuries don't go away and there is no worse injury to carry as a prop.

The more I think about Hiku leaving, the more I am uncomfortable about it. Why can't the Tigers take this guy off our hands? They're desperate for a prop!

Agree Lawrence would be the player I'd be moving on . Back injury will be a problem . Starling I'd keep as he keeps improving . All I'm thinking is starling Lawrence Hiku and Buhrer are the only players of any value on the market we would get something out of . I think we have cleared the decks pretty well so unfortunately I think 2 of these 4 are gone.

Would rather lose Lawrence and starling keep hiku

Considering the forwards we currently have and the fact that when you get past our expected starting 1-7 we're very light on, I can't argue with that. Yeah I like that the club has a player in first grade who grew up in Adelaide (despite actually being from Qld), but I get the feeling that BJ and Star should be more surplus than one of the first choice backs for the Kiwi test team.

So the gist is that Manly do need to offload players to pay Walker :wondering:

Hiku sounds like he will get a big pay rise, so good luck to the kid. His salary sacrifice to stay at Manly will be rewarded by another Club :)

You could tell that by the fact we haven't announced Walker as yet, it was always about finding room in the cap.

You could tell that by the fact we haven't announced Walker as yet, it was always about finding room in the cap.
Yeah I was always under the impression that we would have to get rid of at least one or two for Walker...the big international signing being speculated is for 2017 after Killer retires.

As always I am amazed at the fickle nature of some on here.

BJ does a great job for us and earns a new contract. BJ gets injured and misses a year... Do you

A. Show some loyalty and decency to the player and at least give them a chance to perform before making a judgement
B. Throw him away based on "he can not come back from that" which, unless I have missed something, is based on nothing else other than your own medical training

I am not saying the bloke has the right to a lifetime deal but the way some discard players is amazing.

BJ does a great job for us and earns a new contract. BJ gets injured and misses a year... Do you

A. Show some loyalty and decency to the player and at least give them a chance to perform before making a judgement
B. Throw him away based on "he can not come back from that" which, unless I have missed something, is based on nothing else other than your own medical training

I am not saying the bloke has the right to a lifetime deal but the way some discard players is amazing.
What amazes me is some people on here don't seem to understand that we now have new coaching staff with a totally different out look on our playing roster than our previous coaching staff .

I am not saying the bloke has the right to a lifetime deal but the way some discard players is amazing.[/QUOT

I don't think anyone is saying to throw him away. We are just saying that due to the salary cap, the club has to make tough decisions, and we're just throwing in our 2c worth. Ideally, we'd all like to keep all of our players, but that is never going to happen.

BJ's eventual fate does not lie in the hands of a few fans that post on here. The club will make a decision based on what they perceive to be best for the club. As for us, we are just here to voice our opinion, little as it matters. Please grant us that at least.

What amazes me is some people on here don't seem to understand that we now have new coaching staff with a totally different out look on our playing roster than our previous coaching staff .

@BOZO you have my undying respect and admiration for your loyalty to the club and the cause. I have never, and will never have a bad word to say about you, Brother! Keep up the good fight!

@BOZO you have my undying respect and admiration for your loyalty to the club and the cause. I have never, and will never have a bad word to say about you, Brother! Keep up the good fight!
Thank you feathered friend . We are stronger together and as one
Go the mighty Sea eagles !!!

BJ's eventual fate does not lie in the hands of a few fans that post on here.

image.jpeg

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6