Black pearls words

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

c eagle

Reserve Grader
The black pearl has just said it..... Barrett is not up to it, and has said Toovey should have never been shown the door....... We are nothing like we used to be, sad we need a manly influence injection and fast...... Seems like these guys are just playing as individuals not a team....

Wendell was a Manly supporter growing up and regularly says as much on triple M. Has a soft spot for us still most prob

EDIT. ah fok, my bad! Renouf it is!

Last edited:
Well BP made some good points:

* lack of commitment
* there is no lift in intensity after an error.
* its all very low tempo.

He's spot on, and it fits with Barretts personality I'm afraid.
I feel like I'm the only one that's angry, and I'm even angrier than ever because I don't think this team is even coached to lift their attitude, let alone it coming in response to, lets face it, **** results.

It doesn't help with the invaders either - Myles and Walker are too mild mannered, Lewis Brown is a lightweight, and TPau is a fool who only fires up when the result is over. They play as if they are trying to create a nice stats sheet, rather than backing themselves and having a go and putting their bodies on the line.

Gosh it's Thursday and I'm still whingeing, I'm usually over it by Tuesday and pumped for the next weekend.

NYEagle

Agree with you about Myles & Brown but totally disagree about Taupau & Walker. Both are playing out of position! To be honest I think Taupau is trying too hard to impress & is being wasted playing 2nd Row. Walker is in the same boat. I'm bemused as to why Barrett doesn't put Jamie into 5/8 & Walker into the centers! Our attack would certainly go up a notch! FFS is it not worth a try at the least? How much worse could we be? Bearing in mind, it must be difficult for Barrett when he isn't afforded a full compliment of players to choose from each week.

If we had a 5/8 on the left who knew how to pass and how to position and use the players around him properly then Taupau would be killing them on that side and people wouldn't be saying he was playing out of position.

However, Walker isn't a 5/8.

Did anyone else read the snippet in the RLW about a certain coach who isn't allowed to pick his side?

It states that his overseer writes down the team list on a bit of paper & hands it to him.

I think we all know who this is.

If anyone else has the RLW, maybe they can copy it here for all to see.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4