Blake Green and DCE | How it'll work

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
D

Deleted member 26876

We need a new Foran, leading us around when momentum is against us, which then allows dce to strike cause he is a confidence player... a good one at that. Green, seeing the player he is, will notice that dce is lacking this dominance in his game and will either give him advice to him as to how he can move into that role or will take that role upon himself. He'll know how to transform dce or himself into this dominant role given the fact that he came from a side with cronk, smith and slater. The future is looking bright again with Green in the 6 and Cherry Evans in the 7, a similar combo to that of dce and lyon which worked wonders for us in the back end of the season.
You guys agree or is Green the wrong guy for the job? And what about Cameron Cullen?

The plus is that he comes from a winning culture. The negative is that he is no world-beater. We'll need some new centres/wingers if we are to be competitive next season. If we get them then Green could be a good link.

Has Blake Green signed? He will be 30 this September, and we will be his 7th club in 9 years. Make no mistake, he does look good in Melbourne, but their system, culture & core demand that.

Green couldn't crack ordinary Eels, Sharks & Dogs teams, and has spent plenty of time in reserve grade.

The Storm understand Slater will be back, and even though Green openly stated his desire to remain in Melbourne, they are going with Slater, Munster, Cronk and Smith as their core 1, 6, 7 & 9.

We would be his second choice, and that's exactly what we don't need right now. We need "Manly first and only" in Manly right now.

At this stage, I'd even rather go with Koroisou at 5/8, if Parcell is going to be the 1st choice hooker, and use the reported 350k on a good player (maybe centre) that could balance us out a little.

Has Blake Green signed?

For what it is worth, Mat Thompson on Channel 9 said Green had signed for Manly during the Storm vs. Broncos game. But nothing official yet.

Everything I have heard suggests that he has signed but won't be announced until after the season.

He could be a great pickup but he could also turn out to be no better than Wright or Koroisau at #6. We will see.

Has Blake Green signed? He will be 30 this September, and we will be his 7th club in 9 years. Make no mistake, he does look good in Melbourne, but their system, culture & core demand that.

Green couldn't crack ordinary Eels, Sharks & Dogs teams, and has spent plenty of time in reserve grade.

The Storm understand Slater will be back, and even though Green openly stated his desire to remain in Melbourne, they are going with Slater, Munster, Cronk and Smith as their core 1, 6, 7 & 9.

We would be his second choice, and that's exactly what we don't need right now. We need "Manly first and only" in Manly right now.

At this stage, I'd even rather go with Koroisou at 5/8, if Parcell is going to be the 1st choice hooker, and use the reported 350k on a good player (maybe centre) that could balance us out a little.
He has improved since his SL stint you know? He has been good this year and last year was probably the 2nd best 5/8 of the comp.

For what it is worth, Mat Thompson on Channel 9 said Green had signed for Manly during the Storm vs. Broncos game. But nothing official yet.

Everything I have heard suggests that he has signed but won't be announced until after the season.

He could be a great pickup but he could also turn out to be no better than Wright or Koroisau at #6. We will see.

I don't understand this "strategic player signing announcement" bull****. Parramatta don't care (as seen with the Vave signings etc). I know for a fact Kelly absolutely didn't want to announce Taupau until much, much later.

Just announce them for goodness sakes if they have happened. I really don't think a Blake (Northern Eagles) Green signing is going to be world changing.

He's playing for The Storm Turbo, along side Cameron Smith, Cooper Cronk, Billy Salter and is coached by Craig Bellamy. I reckon you and I could get a run in that team, and look 1/2 decent.
Lol he was class above in the SL way above he didn't learn all his tricks from storm

I've noticed DCE has been playing a lot on the left side of the field this year, I want DCE to be playing on the right side of the field. Blake can play on the left side of the field, the reason why I recommend this is it takes a lot of pressure of DCE's kicking.

Blake Green is a big body for a 5/8. I've seen him take the line on many times this year and he certainly bends through. Good defender, strong running game and more than adequate passing and short kicking game. I reckon he'll be a BIG improvement on what we've had this year. At the very least he will ensure Manly have the best defensive halves pairing in the comp.

Blake Green is a big body for a 5/8. I've seen him take the line on many times this year and he certainly bends through. Good defender, strong running game and more than adequate passing and short kicking game. I reckon he'll be a BIG improvement on what we've had this year. At the very least he will ensure Manly have the best defensive halves pairing in the comp.
Yeah been focusing on him recently and he has proven me wrong, he is a great signing and will help immensly

I watched a fair few of his SL games and he looked like he had the ability to be a dominant half.....maybe now he's just playing a low keyed game because it suits the Storm's structure with Cronk and Smith.

I don't understand this "strategic player signing announcement" bull****. Parramatta don't care (as seen with the Vave signings etc). I know for a fact Kelly absolutely didn't want to announce Taupau until much, much later.

Just announce them for goodness sakes if they have happened. I really don't think a Blake (Northern Eagles) Green signing is going to be world changing.

Kelly probably wants to announce it as "Manly sign key player from the famous Melbourne Storm spine!"

Green will operate left of the ruck & DCE to the right, DCE floating left occasionally....stable signing- no frills but with Turbo also attacking that left side....maybe just a reliable 5/8 will be ok.
Personally not a Green fan but....it's not always the brightest fireworks that make the most noise...& his style will add to the team....not being purchased as a match winner...just to add stability.

I haven't watch a scum game in years (it sickens me to do so) so I don't even know what the bloke looks like. Is there a highlights reel?

I want to see a bit more variation in Green when he comes into the side for 2017. I'm sure most teams would be privy to the fact that when he receives the ball inside the oppositions red zone, 9 times out of 10 he throws the dummy and looks to break the line. Defensively he will be a great fit, how he works with DCE only time will tell.

One thing I guarantee though is he is a natural 5/8th so the set up can't be any worse than it has been this year.

Green will do his job but he wont be what Manly need to reach the top again. I see him as a temporary measure, a solid band-aid until someone else with dynamic ability comes along. Maybe in a year or more Tom Wright will be ready. If not Manly may be still looking at Bird from Cronulla. Or it may be someone not yet being spoken of. But Green is a solid buy for a short term role.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7