Blame the Dogs - Not Dessy

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Rookie
Be under no illusions - Our club, Manly, is currently being subjected to a vicious desperate corporate raid by a market competitor, the Dogs. They are desperate for success after 7 years of failure and no success in sight and have resorted to an unprecedented act or corporate bastardry - buying players is one thing but targeting another clubs key staff and actively interfering with a rival's internal management is something that (fortunately) has not happened before in the NSW RL Premiership. Do not blame Hasler and Crusher for accepting the Dogs huge offers, remember without those offers in the first place they would still be happily at Manly for the long term.

What Manly cannot do is let either go for 2012 - as the Dogs were hopiing. Lets go back to back with Hasler while the Dogs implode with that forward passing mongrel who coaches them now. But most of all remember that the most important game next year and for years to come will be against the Dogs. We'll be laughing when in another 10 years they still have won nothing - after all look at their team now, a pack of second rate losers.

They are a disgrace to the League. Blame them, stick together and support Hasler - don't let the Dogs get him a moment before his contract with Manly is up. That would play into their hands.

GO MANLY - PREMIERS 2011

I don't blame the Dogs at all, It isn't as if they held a gun to Des's head and forced him to sign, they didn't even offer more money then what we did.

But it feels as if Des betrayed us .He built loyalty into his players and staff, but now he betrays the idea of loyalty, He built this "us vs the world" mentality, everyone hated us, every fan, every journalist, and we would all stick up for him when he says something stupid. But now he just leaves because the tide is a bit rough in the boardroom, he abandons us after we supported him all this time.

I don't know, I appreciate what he has done for the club but to leave, and take half of the support staff with him and leaving the club in turmoil makes me feel as if he really doesn't care about us at all.

Sorry champ Dazler is his own man with his lap dog Cleal.

Dessie can go. He can't be trusted.

Ceagle said:
I don't blame the Dogs at all, It isn't as if they held a gun to Des's head and forced him to sign, they didn't even offer more money then what we did.

But it feels as if Des betrayed us .He built loyalty into his players and staff, but now he betrays the idea of loyalty, He built this "us vs the world" mentality, everyone hated us, every fan, every journalist, and we would all stick up for him when he says something stupid. But now he just leaves because the tide is a bit rough in the boardroom, he abandons us after we supported him all this time.

I don't know, I appreciate what he has done for the club but to leave, and take half of the support staff with him and leaving the club in turmoil makes me feel as if he didn't really care about us at all.

Loyalty is a two way street. I wonder if those demanding KPIs can be said to be loyal?

yes the dogs are hugely to blame but it takes two to tango mate ,this smelly deal was done long ago and de$$ie couldnt resist. The words loyalty trust and mateship all went out the window with the bloke (all bull**** boardroom excuses aside)

They WILL all regret this move ,they may have success i sincerely hope they dont but deep down when sleeping on their mounds of cash their giant egos and betrayal will eat away at them forever i hope.

ive lost alot of respect for the bloke personally,he supposedly prides himself as a professional ,the way he handled this definately wasnt and has left me bitterly dissapointed as a life long supporter.

Matabele said:
Ceagle said:

I don't know, I appreciate what he has done for the club but to leave, and take half of the support staff with him and leaving the club in turmoil makes me feel as if he didn't really care about us at all.

Loyalty is a two way street. I wonder if those demanding KPIs can be said to be loyal?

Lol no offense this is a huge load of garbage, one des took less money to join the dogs. don't blame the dogs for buying the best coach on the market, blame your board for not re-signing him and blame your board for making true legends want out.

thedogs88 said:
Matabele said:
Ceagle said:

Lol no offense this is a huge load of garbage, one des took less money to join the dogs. don't blame the dogs for buying the best coach on the market, blame your board for not re-signing him and blame your board for making true legends want out.
I just said in my post that I don't blame the dogs.

Ceagle said:
thedogs88 said:
Matabele said:
Ceagle said:

I just said in my post that I don't blame the dogs.

wasn't directed at u mate, so far on this forum u've been very reasonable.

thedogs88 said:
Matabele said:
Ceagle said:

If you believe that Des took less money to be a dog then your pretty gullible, fair enough Manly could've signed him up in May for 50k more but didn't and whoever didn't needs sacking for it

Hardly the Dogs fault. No one is holding a gun to the head of Des, Crusher or any other staff from what I can see

Mate what have u been smoking we offered more $ and still got the cold shoulder something is very wrong in our club and i pray we can get everything sorted before long into pre season,,,

Ceagle said:

I don't know, I appreciate what he has done for the club but to leave, and take half of the support staff with him and leaving the club in turmoil makes me feel as if he really doesn't care about us at all.
I agree mate,I said it before,he doesn't give a rats about the fans,didn't even thank us at the awards night,hasn't said anything since,you,ll get those that will say,Des doesn't owe us anything,wrong, we are the ones they turn to when they do their membership drives,when they want a big crowd to back them up and support them. I think Dessie is a bit unstable on his feet at the moment,he keeps tripping over his ego

Des signed a contract to coach the dogs[probably during the week before the GF], we were informed this by a Dogs insider on this site but didnt believe what we were being told. At this point only two parties knew the money involved,Des would be highly unlikely to call the daily Telecrap and inform them exactly how much he signed for and once again decided to fly under the radar, which is fair enough, but dont think for a minute that he will earn less at the Dogs than at Manly, I believe he will be the highest paid coach in the NRL,[and good luck to him for that]. Get ready for the news that SBW signs for the Dogs.

I don't care what they have done for Manly in the past, i wouldn't spit on Hasler or Cleal if they were on fire.

Why is their no salary cap on coaches and recruitment officers etc? Why is it just players who's earnings are restricted?

thedogs88 said:
Matabele said:
Ceagle said:

Listen Junior if we want your opinion we will give it to you.

bones said:
I don't care what they have done for Manly in the past, i wouldn't spit on Hasler or Cleal if they were on fire.
that makes two of us bones and with Des,this has been going on not just before the GF,but way before the GF,for the last 2 years I have been involved with the Penrith junior rep sides,I was gear steward there,and you see and talk to everyone,from the top right down to the bottom,and when Gould came to the club,the first thing he tried to do was get Des there,and they almost succeeded,they were very close to getting him,but a change of heart just near the finish line,I dont think he wanted to be gould,s puppet,des is very much his own man.

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6