Blog with Jamie Buhrer (the inside Word)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Berkeley_Eagle

Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan
The Inside Word with Jamie Buhrer - Manly Sea Eagles

In the first of an exclusive weekly series, Sea Eagles back-rower Jamie Buhrer blogs about the off-season, and the first week of Manly's pre-season as we surge for back-to-back premierships.

It feels like a lifetime ago after the events that followed, but we did win the competition of 2011. It’s something I was extremely proud to be apart of and something I’ll remember forever.

With winning a competition comes celebration, and we did plenty of that. Many of the boys have come back after the 6 weeks off looking a little thicker than they left, but that was to be expected.

As painful as all pre-seasons are, we were all very keen to get in and start working towards our title defense under new coach Geoff Toovey.

Tooves is a club legend both on and off the field, and he has the 100% backing off all the players. He’s learnt from the best in Des and is more than capable of continuing the success of previous years.

Having said that, now that we’re back we’re wishing we had more time off.

We’ve been put through our paces from the great Donny Singe (strength and conditioner/hard man) as he begins the task of bringing everyone back into shape. There is more than a few boys, both new and old, limping around with heavy legs and sore arms.

But we all know that nothing is achieved without a bit of hard work, so we endure it. We have a very large squad this year with plenty of new faces, all of whom are athletic and determined to earn a place in the World Club Challenge tour of England.

One man who has definitely stood out is Gary Ricardi. He is one of the fittest at the club with a great footy brain and I definitely seeing him pushing for a spot in first grade this year if the opportunity arose.

All in all the first week has gone down well. Difficult but well, with all the boys very excited about our prospects this year. Many have written us off, but we don’t care, they did that last pre-season.

I will take this opportunity to congratulate DCE, T-Rex and Choc on their successful Four Nations triumph. It was pleasing to see Cherry get a try on his international debut as well as watching Choc and T-Rex play major parts in the final. We will be better for their experience when they come back after Christmas.

Also, feel free to leave any questions or comments below, and I'll try to get back to you next week.

Until next week,

Jamie Buhrer

Jamie will be answering your questions each week, so if you'd like to ask him anything, leave a comment in the section on the MWSE SITE below this article

http://www.mwse.com.au/default.aspx?s=article-display&id=45355&title=the-inside-word-with-jamie-buhrer

Could be a breakout year for Jamie next season now that he will probably play for more than 10 minutes a game. I think he will be busting out of his skin to put in a big performance next season and I for one can't wait to see it.

Can't be that many new faces, we hardly signed anyone!
Good to hear about Ricardi also. If Foran wants to go there's your replacement

Yes, I think Riccardi sees a potential opportunity there. Alternatively, he might make a great longer-term replacement for Matt Ballin.

Phantar said:
Yes, I think Riccardi sees a potential opportunity there. Alternatively, he might make a great longer-term replacement for Matt Ballin.

I Foran goes Riccardi is his replacement. If Foran stays, Riccardi will go. Wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if the Dogs have already made inquiries about Riccardi for 2013.

Jamie, thanks for the update on pre-season!

What position would you prefer to play for Manly next year & has Tooves promised you more minutes on the field??

I reckon it was funny Buhrer re-signed for 3 years a few days after Des left, probably thought he would finally gets some gametime.

I rekon Jamie will take his game to another level next year after his break out season this year. The guys footwork is incredible and his defence 1st class. Hopefully he gets alot more game time next year, as i thought he was underused by Des. Go Ferris!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6