Blue chip prop

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Next year Kite will be gone,as will Nood and maybe Kingy.That leaves Lawrence and George Rose. Our reserve grade gets towelled up most weeks.Given most sides would want 5 props in their top 25 capable of playing at NRL standard I would say the question has a fair amount of relevance going forward

We already have one and an awesome one at that Lawrence.
What about Ligi Sao he has to be better than Rose?
Injuries are hurting us badly literally.

When was the last time Manly produced a good local talent in the front row department ? Outside of Kingy we have done very little in that area for a few years now. JWH, Tasi, Lussick have all moved on. We seem to survive on bits and pieces recruitment as far as props go. Would be nice to unearth a couple of good juniors.

Apparently Joe is determined to get another year in and not finish injured, a tough injury to get back from though

Its the not the quality of our props that is the problem, its the number of props we have out injured or suspend ATM. id rather not pay huge chunks of the salary cap on front towers. Bargain priced players like Lawrence, Galuvao and Fa'aoso are much better value. Leaves more money to be used on the match winners. Unfortunately we can't control injuries and we are having a bad run. Blue chip props can get injured as well.

It's time for Ligi Sao to be given the nod. Why have all these lightweight backrowers on the bench with 1 of them not even getting a run.

bones said:
Its the not the quality of our props that is the problem, its the number of props we have out injured or suspend ATM. id rather not pay huge chunks of the salary cap on front towers. Bargain priced players like Lawrence, Galuvao and Fa'aoso are much better value. Leaves more money to be used on the match winners. Unfortunately we can't control injuries and we are having a bad run. Blue chip props can get injured as well.

Props are match winners. Burgess bros etc put their team in a position to score points. Our props besides Lawrence are a little tired and undersize compared to some teams. I noticed when we played the Gold Coast we were getting monstered by their forward pack. They had at least 4 forwards bigger than our biggest on the day(Kite) and we paid the penalty. We desperately need some large (115 +kg) and mobile props to replace those we are loosing or we will get dominated in the forwards which will not allow our halves room to play.

What about the speed of Lawrence to run down TV,S master chef,sorry thats what it sounds like when I hear his name,he has got some serious pace for a prop

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8