Blues need Choc value

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

ManlyBacker

Winging it
MANLY coach Geoff Toovey has backed Anthony Watmough for State of Origin II with the forgotten Blues' forward locked in a two- way fight with Aaron Woods to replace injured NSW wrecking ball Tony Williams.

With two games left to impress before NSW coach Ricky Stuart selects his side to face Queensland on June 13, Watmough and Tigers prop Woods are playing for a role on the Blues bench with Williams sidelined for up to six weeks.

Ahead of today's danger game against the Panthers, Sea Eagles coach Toovey said Watmough was a more mature and improved player this season and ready to reclaim a spot on the NSW bench.

"I think each year Anthony is maturing as a player," Toovey said.

"And he is also becoming a smarter player. With the injuries we have had over the past couple of months, Anthony has taken extra responsibility and I think that has improved his game as well."

Statistics support the rookie coach's claims, with Watmough's metres and tackle busts well up over the past three rounds and his errors, penalties and missed tackles down.

"Anthony is always looking at ways to improve his game," Toovey said. "And I think he certainly has this year. Anthony is a passionate person and that has sometimes taken over but I think he is a smarter player all-round."

"I haven't spoken to him about NSW. But he certainly knows the opportunity is there.

"He knows if he makes the most of his performances for the club then the rest will look after itself."

Woods is also looming as a candidate to replace the player known as "T-Rex" following several impressive performances for the Tigers this year.

Set to square off against the Cowboys at Campbelltown Sports Ground today, the young prop has earned praise from NSW and Balmain great Steve Roach.

"He is a good player," Roach said. "I have been speaking to him over the past week and I know he wouldn't be overawed by the occasion. He would thrive on it.

"In the past six to seven weeks, he has been the Tigers best player. Given the injury to Tony Williams, Woodsy is that perfect big body shape to fill the void."

Toovey said he is expecting to be without injured giant Williams for at least six weeks.

"With the suspension, Origin and now this, we have hardly seen him this year," Toovey said.

"It is another blow for him and we are hoping his injury settles down quickly and we can assess him in a couple of weeks.

"It has been a tough month and he is bitterly disappointed that the injury has come right after his suspension."

MANLY coach Geoff Toovey has backed Anthony Watmough for State of Origin II with the forgotten Blues' forward locked in a two- way fight with Aaron Woods to replace injured NSW wrecking ball Tony Williams.

With two games left to impress before NSW coach Ricky Stuart selects his side to face Queensland on June 13, Watmough and Tigers prop Woods are playing for a role on the Blues bench with Williams sidelined for up to six weeks.

Ahead of today's danger game against the Panthers, Sea Eagles coach Toovey said Watmough was a more mature and improved player this season and ready to reclaim a spot on the NSW bench.

"I think each year Anthony is maturing as a player," Toovey said.

"And he is also becoming a smarter player. With the injuries we have had over the past couple of months, Anthony has taken extra responsibility and I think that has improved his game as well."

Statistics support the rookie coach's claims, with Watmough's metres and tackle busts well up over the past three rounds and his errors, penalties and missed tackles down.

"Anthony is always looking at ways to improve his game," Toovey said. "And I think he certainly has this year. Anthony is a passionate person and that has sometimes taken over but I think he is a smarter player all-round."

"I haven't spoken to him about NSW. But he certainly knows the opportunity is there.

"He knows if he makes the most of his performances for the club then the rest will look after itself."

Woods is also looming as a candidate to replace the player known as "T-Rex" following several impressive performances for the Tigers this year.

Set to square off against the Cowboys at Campbelltown Sports Ground today, the young prop has earned praise from NSW and Balmain great Steve Roach.

"He is a good player," Roach said. "I have been speaking to him over the past week and I know he wouldn't be overawed by the occasion. He would thrive on it.

"In the past six to seven weeks, he has been the Tigers best player. Given the injury to Tony Williams, Woodsy is that perfect big body shape to fill the void."

Toovey said he is expecting to be without injured giant Williams for at least six weeks.

"With the suspension, Origin and now this, we have hardly seen him this year," Toovey said.

"It is another blow for him and we are hoping his injury settles down quickly and we can assess him in a couple of weeks.

"It has been a tough month and he is bitterly disappointed that the injury has come right after his suspension."

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/toovey-backs-anthony-watmough-in-battle-for-state-of-origin-spot/story-e6frexv9-1226367791704

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6