Blues on search for new halves

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

clontaago

First Grader
DESPERATE NSW are searching for new halves, with halfback Peter Wallace and five-eighth Trent Barrett expected to be overlooked for State of Origin III against all-conquering Queensland on Wednesday week.

The contenders are lining up with veterans Brett Kimmorley and Matt Orford vying for the No. 7 jumper, while Jarrod Mullen and Jamie Lyon are closing in on No. 6.

Kimmorley has lots of support. His form this season at the Bulldogs has been career-best, while Lyon was brilliant at five-eighth last year in Manly's premiership success.

If Lyon is switched from centre, Josh Morris and Michael Jennings could be the new three-quarter pairing, with Canberra's Joel Monaghan struggling to hold his spot for the Brisbane match.

Coach Craig Bellamy and the selectors will resist making wholesale changes to prevent a Maroons clean sweep.

It is expected utility Craig Wing will return to the side.

Kurt Gidley, Jarryd Hayne and David Williams will stay as the back three, Hayne missing out on a chance to play fullback.

The back-row of Paul Gallen, Luke O'Donnell and Ben Creagh is expected to be retained.

Prop Michael Weyman is unavailable through injury, his replacement to come from either Tom Learoyd-Lahrs, Josh Perry, Chris Houston or Brett White.

The battle between hookers Robbie Farah and Michael Ennis continues.

Farah did play with a rib injury in Origin I and perhaps deserves another chance, although some believe Ennis has the fire to be a success at Origin level.

Manly pair Glenn Stewart and Anthony Watmough will remain on the bench, alongside Wing, and Dragons prop Justin Poore may now start for injured Weyman.

The Blues will name their side at halftime in the Monday night match between Manly and the Bulldogs at Brookvale Oval. Queensland will announce their squad on Tuesday.

if they name players like that it would be a joke.

I would be happy to only have Choc and Lyon get call ups.

If Lyon is switched to 5/8 for origin and plays well in that position, do you think he should be moved there for Manly.

By the way
Articles >> Submit Articles

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4