BlueTongue Stadium ??????

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

ayjay007

Bencher
Good ol' bluetongue!underprepared again.20,059 (apparently a record crowd),and they were running out of food in the 1st half.Long queues for tix,long queues to get in,long queues for food and drink.They sold out of GA tix,so people had to get reserved seats.If you were lucky enough to get a GA,you had to be there yesterday to get a seat,and then it was the usual along the ground view.They had way too many people for the number of seats,and while that maybe OK at Brookie (where we can fit heaps in standing and still get a good view),It was crap trying to watch the game at bluetongue.That's it for me!!!next year,if we are there (and not PNG,NZ or Suncorp),I'll be watching from home,or the club,and getting a good view,commentary,cheap beer,a seat,easy food,and the toilet nice and handy!

It looked good packed though, really did look impressive

ayjay007 link said:
Good ol' bluetongue!underprepared again.20,059 (apparently a record crowd),and they were running out of food in the 1st half.Long queues for tix,long queues to get in,long queues for food and drink.They sold out of GA tix,so people had to get reserved seats.If you were lucky enough to get a GA,you had to be there yesterday to get a seat,and then it was the usual along the ground view.They had way too many people for the number of seats,and while that maybe OK at Brookie (where we can fit heaps in standing and still get a good view),It was crap trying to watch the game at bluetongue.That's it for me!!!next year,if we are there (and not PNG,NZ or Suncorp),I'll be watching from home,or the club,and getting a good view,commentary,cheap beer,a seat,easy food,and the toilet nice and handy!
I complained mate about not getting a seat & was moved up to the corporate box area. It was empty up there. They oversold it by heaps.
I missed about 15 mins of the game trying to find somewhere to watch the game. We would have been happy with a standing spot but there weren't any.

You're right - poorly managed.

I had my Bronze season ticket so was guaranteed a seat, bought a ticket for my friend online last night, made my lunch at home this morning and brought it with me so i wouldn't have to pay the outrageous food prices, arrived 2 hours early, parked in a parking station not far from the stadium and only got charged $5, got the exact seats we wanted, and really enjoyed the match!

They perhaps should have more widely advertised that the game was close to selling out, and there's no doubt the management isn't great, however there are some rather simple solutions to the problem - but don't get me wrong, i feel sorry for those who had to deal with the hassle of trying to get seats and tickets, I really don't think the stadium was prepared for such a large crowd. Must've made us a bit of money though!

look guys, i maybe bias (being a central coast local) but it was so good to see a ground record crowd at bluetongue for a Manly home game...if you had GA tickets anyone would say you have to arrive at the ground early and many of us did....yes the bourbon ran out before halftime, but i had Tigers mates that had to sit in the aisles with no seats and no drinks so i feel sorry for them.....but we won and thats all that counts!!! BTW, the Manly club gets a ****load more out of playing here then Brooky, just because of facilities alone...but i never wanna see us leave brooky...CC local - EAGLE ROCK!!!

I can say one thing about bluetongue,no matter the competition we win there more times than we lose
Thankfully they also cook a wicked mars bar because my hotdog was as warm as my girlfriends breath on the back of my neck....

I just think it's a disgrace that a season highlight game like that gets taken up there. Our biggest crowd of the year & it was a hostile one in foreign territory.

I was disappointed in the Tigers for not playing us at Leichhardt & I'm disappointed in Manly for this.

We should only ever move dud games like Cowboys & Titans, not the biggies. I'm sure the Brookie Oval sponsors aren't happy.

The whole stadium is too small, corridors are only as wide as my living room and there is no room to line up for drinks, food or toilet without stopping the flow of traffic, and the lines to get in where huge, the ticket lines were huge and I arrived in time for the TC.

That said, once you have a seat the viewing is fantastic, no dud seats like at ANZ and a great atmosphere because of the crowd, although they should do what they do in the soccer and separate home and away fans on the opposite sides, since being mixed in with the Tigers fans could have been a pain. As it was the ones with us were good value, but I would guess I was very lucky in that regard.

Manly To Win! link said:
They perhaps should have more widely advertised that the game was close to selling out, and there's no doubt the management isn't great, however there are some rather simple solutions to the problem - but don't get me wrong, i feel sorry for those who had to deal with the hassle of trying to get seats and tickets, I really don't think the stadium was prepared for such a large crowd. Must've made us a bit of money though!

Gotta agree they should have advertised it was close to selling out...

I am a member and I usually buy tickets for my family online but I was having probs with my printer and I didn't think it would be an issue to buy them at the gate.  Long story short, I drove to Gosford yesterday, looked for a park for 30 mins, then we couldn't get in so I drove home to watch the game on Channel 9 (got home just in time!)...

I consoled myself with the fact that I didn't have to drink Bluetongue.  And of course the solid victory helped a lot!!!  :)

Yeah my biggest issue with it is that it doesn't really feel like a home ground.

Though when its at Gosford we take my nan to the games as she lives up there. 80 and still going strong - she's supported Manly since their first season!

Manly To Win! link said:
I had my Bronze season ticket so was guaranteed a seat, bought a ticket for my friend online last night, made my lunch at home this morning and brought it with me so i wouldn't have to pay the outrageous food prices, arrived 2 hours early, parked in a parking station not far from the stadium and only got charged $5, got the exact seats we wanted, and really enjoyed the match!

Bronze only guaranteed you entry for GA area,not a seat.You only got a seat if there were enough of them together for your group.There was nothing in the Sea Eagles news about being "guaranteed" a seat.At Brookie,our Bronze guarantees us entry to the GA areas,not any seat.Mainly the hill.As I said-no more bluetongue for me,and I wont be encouraging others to go to games with me!!

As a team we love the ground but living here it pretty poor effort yesterday.

We bought our tix on line just before heading out (around 12.30pm) if we didnt we would have had to wait 1 hour for tix in the line. They were turning people away at 1.45pm because it was sold out.

The Central Coast want a side in the NRL they need to get this right now but yesterday was an poor effort.

ayjay007 link said:
..  mate you just summed up why i hate watching nrl live at any ground its **** i dont get into the game..  i cant handle it..  nrl games at grounds have lost atmosphere, since gallop took over.. i HATE WATCHING NRL GAMES LIVE AT ANY GROUND..& on top of that the mob that runs our ground have made it non smoking even more reason not to go to brookie..

Well..... I  took the free bus up there from the club, got dropped at the ground, walked in and stood at the end amongst a bunch of Tigers supporters.  Loved it.  gave this wanker a heap as he screamed 'get them onside' continually.  About twenty minutes from the end there were spare seats everywhere as they all left.  Walked back to the bus and got a free ride back to the club.  All good.  I actually like Bluetongue.  That's the way to go, free ride up and back, no hassles, drink as much as you like and go home happy amongst the faithful.     

I go to lots of away matches and personally do not understand why you would bother lining up on game day to buy a ticket, you read this forum so you have internet, so easy to buy on line these days.

As for Bluetongue, walked straight into the ground at 2:45pm, lines up in beer queue for not more than 5 minutes, straight to allocated seats, fantastic view of the game, quick wizz at halftime, line up for a pie was 3 people and back to seats.

Any suburban ground with a 20K crowd would struggle these days in terms of traffic, parking and beer & toilet queues, seen the line up at Brookie for anything with a 12K crowd?

The atmosphere was great, even if it was a pro Tiggers crowd and am guessing we picked a few dollars for the piggy bank. All in all it was a great day at the footy, but I guess we will all find something to have a whinge about

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4