Bob Reilly

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Status
Not open for further replies.

conanu

Bencher
Does anyone have any info on this bloke or what he is about as i dont really know who he is and wouldnt mind figuring out who he is. All i know is that he runs the leagues club.

Bobby is chairman of leagues club, football club and I also believe deputy chairman of mwse ltd.

I know some don't like the bloke.........but then there's probably a few that don't like me either.

I've met (and had a few beers) with Bob many times and I can't fault him.
Always say's hello and shakes my hand

Mybludog said:
I know some don't like the bloke.........but then there's probably a few that don't like me either.

I've met (and had a few beers) with Bob many times and I can't fault him.
Always say's hello and shakes my hand
Well what other credentials could you possibly need to have input into the operations of a professional football team then! Maybe we should have had him house train the Stewart boys to prepare them for their meeting with Gallop.

I think the first platter of assorted sangas that the caterers bring out, is strictly for him.

If you are a member of the football club or leagues club why don't you just contact him and ask whatever questions are concerning you. That might be more fruitful than posting here asking if people like him or not.

Good bloke, very approachable and NOTHING to do with the day to day operations of the football side of things.

And I'd be 100% sure if you bothered to contact him he'd reply to whatever concerns you have

I am not sure why, if he is part of the board (and therefore has influence over decisions in some way) he is not open for the same debate / argument as Peter Peters, Lowe, Penn and many other people who are associated with the club.

If he is chairman of the football club then he must have some influence / responsibility for the continual "apparent" turmoil at board level? From my limited knowledge he has been one of the consistent factors?

Not an attack just questions

I have no issue with him was just wondering who he was. I was hardly going to call him up and ask him to explain who he is to me.

I have lost track of the whos who of the club since the days of the bloke from Hanimex Paul Cummings

WAMF said:
I think the first platter of assorted sangas that the caterers bring out, is strictly for him.

Like you im trying very hard to keep my distance from the politics of it all, so all i will say is thank god youve changed your avartar...the last one was disturbing. And i confess im in the mood for a sanga. Thats all.

SeaEagleRock8 said:
If you are a member of the football club or leagues club why don't you just contact him and ask whatever questions are concerning you. That might be more fruitful than posting here asking if people like him or not.
The last time I attempted that, he didn't bother to get back to me.

As mentioned earlier Bob is the Chairman of the Leagues Club and Football Club both which are non payed positions, he volunteers his own time whilst also running his own business.

Bob came onto the football club board back when the club was first privatised through his work with the junior league and work on the privitisation deal in 2002 (Paul Cummings Era). Himself & His family is heavily involved in the local Junior Leauge and has been for many years.

It's hard to base comments off what you read in the paper as you will never get the full story, I have asked bob re: The reports of Des not wanting to work with him & the board unrest he said they were completely false.

Jonesy do you kno what was the rationale behind sending that members letter? not so much the content but the timing?

Jonesyv2 said:
As mentioned earlier Bob is the Chairman of the Leagues Club and Football Club both which are non payed positions, he volunteers his own time whilst also running his own business.

Bob came onto the football club board back when the club was first privatised through his work with the junior league and work on the privitisation deal in 2002 (Paul Cummings Era). Himself & His family is heavily involved in the local Junior Leauge and has been for many years.

It's hard to base comments off what you read in the paper as you will never get the full story, I have asked bob re: The reports of Des not wanting to work with him & the board unrest he said they were completely false.

Good, if he volunteers his time for free, it should be very easy to stop doing it. He's a cancer to the organisation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4