Bookmaker suspends NRL wooden spoon betting

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

swoop

Bencher
Tipping Member
MANLY mayor Jean Hay has launched a broadside at “the idiots” on Warringah Council who are trying to get the Sea Eagles kicked out of Brookvale Oval.

Jean Hay - broadside at Warringah Council.Picture: VIRGINIA YOUNG

Referring to frequent attacks on the Sea Eagles by some councillors and on the club’s use of Brookvale Oval, Cr Hay said the councillors were also trying to divide the sporting community of the northern beaches by playing one sport against another.
“I’m not happy with the Warringah councillors trying to kick the Sea Eagles out of Brookvale,” she said.
“They have to realise the Sea Eagles have been around for more than 60 years and have brought a lot of happiness to a lot of people on the northern beaches.
“I suggest that those who are trying to put the knife into the Sea Eagles come down to a match to see how much joy it brings the kids from Arranounbai Special School, Sunnyfield and the Spastic Centre.
“Some of them live for the Sea Eagles from one week to the next but I’ve never seen any of those councillors down there.
“They’re just idiots - they’re trying to destroy something that has been part of our local culture for more than six decades.”
Cr Hay is also angry at attempts to divide sports on the northern beaches.
“As the patron of the Manly-Warringah-Pittwater Sporting Union and a lover of all sports, I also find it very annoying that they’re trying to turn one sport against another by saying, ‘Is it fair the Sea Eagles are getting this and you’re not?’,” she said.
“It’s quite obvious that’s what those councillors are trying to do.
“I have chaired Manly Council’s sports committee for the past 12 years and the comments I get from all the different sports is that they’re not going to fall into the trap of allowing any one sport to be used against another.
“That’s not the spirit of the northern beaches.
“I’ve never found any animosity between any of the sports. All the sports on the northern beaches help and support each other.”

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2