Boxing Day Test

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Chip and Chase

True Supporter
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Well didn't expect that. First surprise was the Poms winning the toss and putting us in, thought Strauss made a mistake there, but proved to be a masterstroke. I really thought we had the momentum and the confidence on the back of a good performnace in Perth. English bowlers weren't fantastic, just put the ball in the right place and let the Aussie batsmen make fools of themselves. The Ashes are gone now, anything over 200 by the Poms and we are screwed, seeing as they are none for 80 odd we can kiss the urn goodbye.

Our batting has been pretty woeful this series, apart from Hussey and the occassional Haddin effort there has been no consistency. Some of the dismissals today showed there are some players horribly out of touch and some out of their depth.

I didn't understand Hughes getting the nod once Katich was injured, hasn't been scoring any runs in domestic cricket and looks ordinary, bad selection in my book, they should have went with Jaques.

Ponting is starting to look old, might be time to move down the order and try and scrape another season or two out of him.

Clarke just looks horrible at the moment, I don't now whether it's his back or what but all its seems he can do is play away from his body and giving the slips some catching practice. He is on struggle street at the moment and not looking likely to get a big score.

Can someone explain to me how Steve Smith is the best number 6 in the country ?? His selection is the continuation of this policy whereby the Aussie selectors feel like they need an "all rounder". Symonds, McDonald, White, North and now Smith. It's a waste of a batting spot because none of them were test class bats or bowlers. Just pick another batsman FFS.

What a meek bloody effort today, no mongrel, no fight. No bloody patience. Can't believe that bowling attack has rolled us for less than 100. Ponting has now lost 3 Ashes series, and our first at home for more 20 years. Who was the last Aussie Captain to lose 3 Ashes Series ?? I can't remember if AB lost 2 or 3.

Shane link said:
C&C i just dont know anymore....that was terribad
wish W.I`s were playing this summer they`d  have a chance lol...  ;D

bad toss to lose for sure but some bad shots from the batsman as well

Watson looked like a pakastani

It's making me feel sick. How can we be rolled for under 100 and we can't even get a wicket. Hurry up NRL

I have heard a massive buildup for about 2 years for Steve Smith, from what I have seen he is nowhere near at test match number 6 level

I think your current situation stems back to the past 10 years or so, where nearly every match I saw was being played on a road, and the likes of Hayden and co dominated without really needing too much of a technique, and I presume 1st class cricket would be the same. Now that you are producing pitches with a bit of life the players have absolutely no idea how to play on them and tighten up their games to suit conditions and be prepared to bat out a session for 50 runs if need be

pretty much KE

at least the poms are losing wickets early today, some saving grace given the pitch did do much more in the morning yesterday but it was still a crap effort.

What bad luck would this be ?

The lack of ticker shown in tough conditions doesn't come down to bad luck

They have been given a lesson today on batting on a deck with a bit of life, it was doing a bit in the morning session, and the English players reined in their games, and hit 2 boundaries in the entire session, and got their rewards later in the day

I have watched a lot of this Test. I thought the Pommie bowling was just supurb and set up the likelihood of a win. They gave few shots and dug it right up to the ribs or swung it enough to give doubt. Impatience and poor shots were our downfall. Then hey, we can't offer the same in attack. Yes, the weather changed but the Pommie run rate was low for so long and they dug in like we should have and then claimed the runs. IMO it's over - goodbye Ashes and fmd we didn't deserve them.

Kiwi Eagle link said:
Thoughts on Ponting's brain explosion MB ?

It must be hard to watch your team struggle so badly. Something had to be done to boost the tv and match attendance numbers :)

Kiwi Eagle link said:
What bad luck would this be ?

The lack of ticker shown in tough conditions doesn't come down to bad luck

They have been given a lesson today on batting on a deck with a bit of life, it was doing a bit in the morning session, and the English players reined in their games, and hit 2 boundaries in the entire session, and got their rewards later in the day

Poms lost 5/140 odd yesterday on a pitch doing less before it dried up and played well for batsman in the arvo again so far from great but far better than our effort.

Our plan today should be to get Trott and Prior in the first session and 1 more then bowl crap sefensive non scoring bowling until the pitch dries. Dont want to go in till after lunch. Then hope we can bat properly int he good condidtions and get 200 for a couple.

Poms should declare early if the pitch is lively again. Should get 2 or 3 in that session even if we bat well.

wtf`s going on i hate when the poms win even more, gloating wankers this be their 1st win in a series down here since fuk knows when
(hope im right about that havent been following the cricket like i use to now for the past 3 yrs..).. 
i want it to rain has to be a wash out, aussies will have their measure on the SCG they always have,, if the heavens above can help them which i hope they can , or suprise suprise aussies bat out atleast 2 sessions before they lose a wicket & then the weather turns would be ideal..
make the 5th test more interesting..

Australia don't deserve to be saved jjai, the best thing that can happen for Australian cricket is a heavy loss initiating some major changes

So who's most to blame for this tripe?

On field:
batting
bowling
fielding
captaincy

off-field:
selectors
physios
coaches
the board

I could write a rant on all of them

The Gronk link said:
So who's most to blame for this tripe?

On field:
batting
bowling
fielding
captaincy

off-field:
selectors
physios
coaches
the board

I could write a rant on all of them

Gronk,you forgot the WaGS,hairstylists,manicurists,tatooists,hair transplant guy,make-up person,and the list goes on (and thats one of those for each player).Maybe if they lose some of the entourage,and just do a bit of hard yakka in the nets,and at state level,this team might get a bit of mongrel back into them!!Pack of poonsy nancy boys,that's all they are!!

An ode to our boys who
need every religious figure
to save them now

The Offspring
Half-Truism

One is for envy
And one just for spite
The cuts in my heart
They show in your eyes
Don't make it better
The twisting knife
Turns all by itself
On to someone else

Your self-liberation
Will leave this behind
Beyond slings and arrows
That rain on our minds
You'll make it better
Shake it off
It never mattered anyway

If we don't make it alive
Well it's a hell of a good day to die
All our light that shines strong
Only lasts for so long

And it's ashes to ashes again
Should we even try to pretend?
Only lasts for so long

The banner you're waving
Is burning and red
It's blocking the sunlight
That shines overhead
You against the world
Diamonds and pearls
Voices inside you churn
Watch the city burn

Your own liberation
Will leave them behind
All the slings and arrows
That rain on your mind
Don't make it better
Break it cause
It never mattered anyway

Only lasts for so long

Only lasts for so long

I
Won't
Calm
Down

The banner you're waving
Is burning and red
You against the world
Diamonds and pearls
It never mattered
Mattered
Mattered anyway

Only lasts for so long

Only lasts for so long

Only lasts for so long

John Buchanan had Sun Tzu, Shane has Offspring.

Is there a more selfish cricketer in Australia than Shane Watson ?

Ashes stay with the Poms, and not likely to be won back for at least two more series from what I can see.

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7