BOYCOTT BRISBANE GAME

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

slickster71

Reserve Grader
Before everyone decided to attack me on this. hear me out.

The NRL will give us no chance this week and will look at suspending atleast 5 of our players.

I beleive if we loose more than glen Stewart to suspension then we should boycott the brisbane match. NRL are going out of their way to make it into a big event.Won;t make any difference if we loose the 2 points. Last night newcastle ended up in a brawl and i bet nothing will happen to them.Even Kurt gidley was involved.

I seen the replay several times. Gift did not throw a punch in the 1st brawl was binned for being 4th man in. What about blair doing upper cuts to lassick when he couldn't defend himself.

We need to stick it back to the NRL if they want to make us an example for the 2nd time in 4yrs.

Anything more than 2 weeks to gift we should boycott it. Its only 2 points. The worse we can get is 2nd position and lockyer last game.

It's another opportunity to get the NRL to hate us.
It's another chance to build up the US against THEM mentality, and reinforce our " no one likes us, we don't care" mission statement.
But, I'm sure Des is too professional to rest players. If he did then Gallop would charge us with bringing the game into disrepute.

des wants to win every game he coaches.he will regard it as a challenge.anyway,nrl would simply dock us points or disqualify us so it wont happen.

Are you serious?
There is still a team to support.
What about all the travelling supportahs that have forked out $$$ and have flights and accommodation booked?
What about Mark Tramby and the club having organised functions ect?
Boycotting won't solve anything and will create unnecessary headaches.

the club will get a chance to defend the charges when its sorted. no need to jump the gun yet

regarding the boycott, get off the piss, its a sunday night ffs

All clubs are bound by contract to play, and the NRL is bound by channel 9 to provide the game.
Just say we were to boycott the game, the NRL could withhold the annual grant to the club

I heard the following today.

Gift- 6 -8 weeks
Brett- 4weeks
Foran, Robinson -2 weeks
Lussick- 2-3weeks

I still beleive we can recover from this.

Perhaps we should all wait until we hear the actual punishments

slickster71 said:

Gift- 6 -8 weeks
Brett- 4weeks
Foran, Robinson -2 weeks
Lussick- 2-3weeks

Bit stiff on Robinson considering he didn't play

oops

i mean robertson.

I am glad they all ran in to help their teams mates.
I would not be happy if they stood back and watched.

just shows you how close the boys are

slickster71 said:

Gift- 6 -8 weeks
Brett- 4weeks
Foran, Robinson -2 weeks
Lussick- 2-3weeks

Was that the opinion of the bloke collecting your garbage? Or perhaps you were doing the collection?

Take a chill pill folks. Even if the entirety of Bay 317 is empty next week it will mean nothing. As ineffectual as it is, it will be far better to take "Push it up" banners and sing "My garden shed".

slickster71 said:
Before everyone decided to attack me on this. hear me out.

The NRL will give us no chance this week and will look at suspending atleast 5 of our players.

I beleive if we loose more than glen Stewart to suspension then we should boycott the brisbane match. NRL are going out of their way to make it into a big event.Won;t make any difference if we loose the 2 points. Last night newcastle ended up in a brawl and i bet nothing will happen to them.Even Kurt gidley was involved.

I seen the replay several times. Gift did not throw a punch in the 1st brawl was binned for being 4th man in. What about blair doing upper cuts to lassick when he couldn't defend himself.

We need to stick it back to the NRL if they want to make us an example for the 2nd time in 4yrs.

Anything more than 2 weeks to gift we should boycott it. Its only 2 points. The worse we can get is 2nd position and lockyer last game.

Why do people keep saying that worst we can get is 2nd?If the bonkos reaaly aim up for "croaky",and we've got a much depleted team,they will be looking at winning by the 43 or 44 they need to leapfrog us in F/A.Difference is 85,I think,so a 43 point win gets them 2nd.

Mark from Brisbane said:
Ridiculous suggestion!!

I agree with you Mark from Brisbane . I hope you got to the game and support any player that runs on the field proudly dispalying the Sea Eagle symbol on their chest. They can suspend our players but they will never take away our spirit !!!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6