Boyd to Knights

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

ayjay007

Bencher
I see on the DT website,that darius is following benny to the knights.I don't know what players they have shed,but they're getting snowden,boyd,tahu,and have resigned gidley.They must be pushing the cap,unless the players there already are on virtually nothing.

Tahu wouldn't be on much & the Knights are shedding some quality at the end of the year as well. Boyd being signed almost pushes Henry out the door as well because Gidley will have to move into the halves with Mullen. It'll be interesting to see if Hilder will continue as first choice hooker with De Gois departing.

I do get the feeling that Bennett will struggle more with the Knights than he did with StGI. The roster is no where near as good.

Was it smart for Boyd, or anyone really to sign on for more than one or two years when the cap looks to be increasing with the new tv deals? There's always backended stuff but i have no idea on that.
May also explain why they're chasing a lot of bigger names, Sign for a year or two low then a big raise

eggson said:
Was it smart for Boyd, or anyone really to sign on for more than one or two years when the cap looks to be increasing with the new tv deals? There's always backended stuff but i have no idea on that.
May also explain why they're chasing a lot of bigger names, Sign for a year or two low then a big raise

It's possible to sign for 1 or 2 years on whatever then have an option for further employment. It may be at an increased or the same rate. It may also not be actioned by the club.

But in saying that, there are no rules as far as contracts go. It can involve pretty much anything.

eggson said:

A number of clubs are signing contracts that say if the salary cap increases by 50%, then their contract increases by 50% or whatever it happens to increase by.

Ralphie said:
eggson said:

A number of clubs are signing contracts that say if the salary cap increases by 50%, then their contract increases by 50% or whatever it happens to increase by.

I don't think increase will be quite proportional though, since it is likely that squad numbers will be increased from 25 to 30, meaning there will not be a proportionate increase in individual salaries. It is possible that some players could see a 50% increase if there is a 50% cap increase based on the fact clubs are likely to sign a higher number of players to minimum wage/incentive based contracts to increase squad numbers.

If your on a good thing, stick to it. Smart move by Boyd.
Feel sorry for Rick Stone. He's done well in his first year IMO.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6
6 3 3 16 6