Bozo? Trent? We need to discuss this Jamie retirement thing fast...

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

lillchip

Reserve Grader
So one of the best players in the clubs history realised that he was, how do we put this gently, suddenly looking a bit old as a centre. We knew it, he knew it, so he said ok fellas I'll graciously retire and hand the no 3 speedster jersey to Dylan and co.

But hang on.....

Clearly Jamie is a bloody fantastic natural 5/8 and will win us multiple game there, so why does he need to retire at all? He could easily play another season in the no 6 and would killer (sorry) it.

Bozo? Trent? Surely it's not too late?

There have been a few unexpected retirements this season

Parker and Ennis are playing really well atm.

But I think with Killer as well maybe he's loosing the motivation to train. If that's the case there is nothing we could do.
:(

Look, if they sign Green them there is a short term replacement so who will play 6 next year isn't an issue.

As far as Lyon goes, I'm glad he has embraced the move back to 5/8 and is in form because when he retires at the end of the year, he will go out playing well and in a way that reminds us of what made him the legend he is (rather than as a shadow of his former self putting in half arsed efforts per Snake for instance).

If he plays on he may get injured or something. Better for him to bow out now while he's still got a bit of the magic left.

He will be 35 next year. As each year progresses it becomes harder to perform physically.
This is true. Football is a young man's game, and even if the spirit is willing, the body will definitely tell you that it's not at some point..

I'd love to see Killer go around again, he's quite simply one of the best to have ever laced a boot.. But at the same time is hate to see his legacy damaged by going one season too long.

It's his call and he's earned the right to make it. He will be missed though: everything from the silky skills to the pin point kicking to the amazing footballing brain and leadership both on and off the field.

He will always be a Manly great, and amongst my favorite ever players.

I think he has made the right call. Go out when you are still contributing, but also when you know the body isn't what it used to be. 35 is long in the tooth for any player and I would hate to see him go a year too long.

I think, much like his on field decision across his career, he has got this one right.

Absolutely 100% the right call, going out playing well, sadly not as a Premiership winner in his last game like Beaver but nevertheless as a champion.

Parker was "tapped", he wanted another year, Ennis in a similar situation, going on his own call.

From my perspective I'd rather remember him playing well, to the very last game, than being broken down, busted, and dejected like another of our legends and just being greedy expecting the club to pay them for another year.

No indeed, Champion player and Champion man is our Jamie!!

I guess the concern is that if Green isn't signed for next season (or the club do not have a plan they are keeping quiet) we are screwed!

We simply cannot afford to put walker their again next season and don't have a lot of experienced/quality options for next season otherwise!

Absolutely 100% the right call, going out playing well, sadly not as a Premiership winner in his last game like Beaver but nevertheless as a champion.

Parker was "tapped", he wanted another year, Ennis in a similar situation, going on his own call.

From my perspective I'd rather remember him playing well, to the very last game, than being broken down, busted, and dejected like another of our legends and just being greedy expecting the club to pay them for another year.

No indeed, Champion player and Champion man is our Jamie!!
The same tap should have been delivered to snake. I'd hate to see the same thing happen to killer.

He certainly looks up to it to me, but as @KOMORI said Jamie knows best. Even if he was tossing up going around another year, Snake would surely be a reminder of the dangers of going a year too long.

He certainly looks up to it to me, but as @KOMORI said Jamie knows best. Even if he was tossing up going around another year, Snake would surely be a reminder of the dangers of going a year too long.
With full respect to Snake, as he's also in my list of favorites... I believe that *if* he continues he will put, as always, the 110% he puts into every game. To be brutally honest, I don't believe that Snake has put in to the best of his ability this year. Be it a result of injury or other off field issues/pressure, he's been well under par.

If Killer feels he can go around again, and the body is up to it, he'll go another season and kick a lot of ass. Especially at 5/8, where he can utilize his particular skill set. I think (just my opinion mind you) that playing in the centers is not really his forte nowadays, as younger and faster centers may well run around him..

Once over 30 it is year by year. If we had a replacement screaming to be picked - a better player - like Tom is at fullback, that is one thing. But we don't.

If it is Blake Green, he's over 30 next year, and not a patch on Lyon. If it's a 2 year contract that's a bigger risk than Lyon for one year.

This legacy stuff is egotistical rubbish. We need the best possible team. And if Lyon wants to play - or can be encouraged to want to play - then he is in that best possible team as 5/8th and captain.

Cliffy was still carving up at 5/8 well into his sixties.

6359758744428735171956612167_are-you-serious-wtf-meme-baby-face.jpg

Sixties?
He's only 54 now.​

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8