Brad Arthur new Parra coach

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

tookey

First Grader
Brad Arthur beats Jason Taylor to Parramatta Eels coaching job in another board backflip

JOSH MASSOUD EXCLUSIVE THE DAILY TELEGRAPH OCTOBER 16, 2013 11:15AM

ANOTHER boardroom ambush at Parramatta has cost Jason Taylor the Eels coaching job, with club chairman Steve Sharp last night convincing enough directors to perform a stunning about face and support Brad Arthur.

Just a week after the Eels board voted 3-2 in favour of Taylor, a snap meeting last night delivered a majority vote for Arthur to cap off the most confusing and convoluted coaching appointment in NRL history.

It’s believed last night’s vote returned a 4-2 verdict in favour of Arthur, with a newly-added member of the board voting for the Manly assistant. Another director also changed his mind from last week’s meeting, undoing days of intense negotiations with Taylor and his lawyers.

Parramatta CEO Scott Seward had been in talks with Taylor over the past 72 hours, and it’s understood a written offer had already been extended for him to coach the side for the next two years.

More incredibly, Seward also called Arthur’s representatives yesterday morning to inform them that Taylor would be getting the job.

As a result, Arthur this week travelled to Bali for a holiday in the belief he would be staying at Manly and not required to return to work until early November.

Sharp publicly declared his support for Arthur prior to last week’s meeting, but was left humiliated when he was out-voted. He even spoke about resigning as chairman, but behind the scenes talks and deals between directors were taking place to bring Arthur back into the frame.

The push for NRL referees boss Daniel Anderson to be appointed football manager is thought to have played a significant role in last night’s backflip.

The Daily Telegraph understands the board felt Arthur would be more willing to work with Anderson, who has already discussed his possible departure from the NRL with his bosses at League Central.

It now appears inevitable that Anderson will join the Eels, combining with Arthur next season.

The only sticking point could surround the level of negotiations with Taylor and whether his lawyers accepted the job offer.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/brad-arthur-beats-jason-taylor-to-parramatta-eels-coaching-job-in-another-board-backflip/story-fni3ga7r-1226740828456

tookey said:
Brad Arthur beats Jason Taylor to Parramatta Eels coaching job in another board backflip

JOSH MASSOUD EXCLUSIVE THE DAILY TELEGRAPH OCTOBER 16, 2013 11:15AM

ANOTHER boardroom ambush at Parramatta has cost Jason Taylor the Eels coaching job, with club chairman Steve Sharp last night convincing enough directors to perform a stunning about face and support Brad Arthur.

Just a week after the Eels board voted 3-2 in favour of Taylor, a snap meeting last night delivered a majority vote for Arthur to cap off the most confusing and convoluted coaching appointment in NRL history.

It’s believed last night’s vote returned a 4-2 verdict in favour of Arthur, with a newly-added member of the board voting for the Manly assistant. Another director also changed his mind from last week’s meeting, undoing days of intense negotiations with Taylor and his lawyers.

Parramatta CEO Scott Seward had been in talks with Taylor over the past 72 hours, and it’s understood a written offer had already been extended for him to coach the side for the next two years.

More incredibly, Seward also called Arthur’s representatives yesterday morning to inform them that Taylor would be getting the job.

As a result, Arthur this week travelled to Bali for a holiday in the belief he would be staying at Manly and not required to return to work until early November.

Sharp publicly declared his support for Arthur prior to last week’s meeting, but was left humiliated when he was out-voted. He even spoke about resigning as chairman, but behind the scenes talks and deals between directors were taking place to bring Arthur back into the frame.

The push for NRL referees boss Daniel Anderson to be appointed football manager is thought to have played a significant role in last night’s backflip.

The Daily Telegraph understands the board felt Arthur would be more willing to work with Anderson, who has already discussed his possible departure from the NRL with his bosses at League Central.

It now appears inevitable that Anderson will join the Eels, combining with Arthur next season.

The only sticking point could surround the level of negotiations with Taylor and whether his lawyers accepted the job offer.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/brad-arthur-beats-jason-taylor-to-parramatta-eels-coaching-job-in-another-board-backflip/story-fni3ga7r-1226740828456
Arthur craps on Taylor & wont get beaten up by his own players....good luck to him, has done great at Manly.

Wow - the Parra merry-go-round - has it really landed on a sane choice :cool:

Although the last paragraph about Lawyers getting involved, may yet see another circle of the Parra Wheel!

Thanks Brad for all you have done at Manly :angel:

Parra are the joke of the leauge and this just proves it. Congrats to Arthur on the job, I hope he can make a go of it.

Considering the process you would have serious reservations about accepting the role

Good luck to Brad. Hope things go well for him at the Eels and he's still there this time next year.

Now who are we going to get to replace him?

Don't go Brad! Being a head coach of a dud team just isn't worth it.

Rodo said:
Good luck to Brad. Hope things go well for him at the Eels and he's still there this time next year.

Now who are we going to get to replace him?

wouldn't mind a bit of beaver.
and as for the replacement........ who knows?

well good luck to him, he will need it but he must be nuts to go to such a basket case of a club. Lamb to the slaughter

Well that will be a huge relief for young Hoppa. He must be happy he won't end up at the Dogs or Souths now.

Good luck Brad! If you can swing them round you'll be the rookie coach of the year next year. I hope you put a get out clause in your contract in case Hoppa doesn't show up. ;)

Happy for Brad, he is a Parra boy playing in their juniors and he has the passion for the blue and gold, they will improve, he sparked them at the end of the 12 season.

We will miss him as assistant coach, would love to see the Beaver helping out Tooves.

I'd be worried if I were Arthur. The Board voted 4-2. one board member changed his vote. If he doesn't start the season off with a few wins that board member may turn and it is back to 3-3 and he is on shakey ground!

I would be worried if I was Arthur as well as word has it they board only changed its mind to save losing Hoppa

I was hoping parra would be dumb enough to go for Taylor, and therefore we benefit from keeping brad. Good luck to brad, a rare good decision by parra.

Re: beaver, I think we need a hardass coaching the defence. Beaver has the best tackling technique I've seen since Randall, but I think he is a nice guy, and may not be a strong disciplinarian. Could be wrong but that's the impression I get.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6