Brad Arthur NOT - appointed Cowboys Coach - FoxSport

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

HappilyManly

Journey Man
Just on now, from a Reporter at the Manly Training Session :(

Just showed it again - Steve Hart is the reported - saying "whilst not confirmed, Players are seen congratulating Brad"

This will just add to the list of departing team members, that the Team want to win the GF for :)

A bit of an aside, Snake said that he wanted to play against the Sharks and 2V (Genius Coach) vetoed the idea. "We had a few words, but sometimes you just have to trust your coaching staff" :D

Update: FoxSports News - incorrect :dodgy:

RE: Brad Arthur appointed Cowboys Coach - FoxSport

Arghh bugger for us, he's been credited with shoring up our defence this year. Congrats to him though has a good reputation.

Good luck, thanks for everything!

#announcements that could've waited until after the gf!

cowboys trying to out do greenturd on the scumbag stakes, the decent thing would have been to wait until after the gf to make this announcement. No class whatsoever.

Why would this not be done/announced at the least, after the f@rking Grand Final.

Absolute rubbish. The NRL needs to control this kinda cr@p from being announced when the team is in finals preperation

Although I suspected this would eventuate, the timing is a low act.
First Parish, now Arthur...
who's next?
Happily, Eagles can shelve till after the GF

Good luck to him. It was always going to happen with Manly going so well this season and him being credited with the great defensive effort this year.

We still have our main man Toovey who's hopefully learnt a thing or two from Arthur about defensive structures which he will be able to employ in the years ahead.

Timing is good as the boys can now send him out a winner.

Hayne is going to be annoyed as he wanted Arthur as Parra coach.

He will have his hands full trying to control Thurston who runs the Cowboys now.

Before we criticise the timing of the 'announcement' - has it actually been announced?

I haven't seen the report but HM's post would indicate it is just media speculation at this stage?

If true it will be a shame to lose Arthur, but it would seem he has certainly earned his right to have a crack at a head coach's gig.

It would make sense - Zorba's saturday manly daily article indicated that he was in demand as a head coach. The sunday tele's conclusion-jump that Bennett was going up there was cringingly superficial. Whoever wrote it quoted Jourdain who said that they were looking at coaches still involved in the finals - the tele thought "bingo must be bennett" and beat it up, not acknowledging that blokes like Arthur and Rick Stone are assistants at clubs in the finals.

I feel dirt saying this but...

To be fair to the Cowboys it is not like they have come out and said anything

Brad Arthur has been great for Manly no problem with him heading north best of luck and good luck this is what he would have been aiming at a first grade coaching position.

Good luck to him, he has some good cattle to work with up there

Congrats to Arthur. But no need for us to fret. As was the case when we got Parrish, we a club that any budding young super-coach would leap at a chance to be involved with. Some fresh coaching blood next year won't do any harm at all.

Congrats to Brad, well deserved. Parra should have signed him up originally.

Good luck!

I'm glad for Brad to have his own coaching role, thought he was doing well at Manly.

I do wonder though if he was gelling with the Manly coaching staff?

It is a giant move going from the Northern Beaches to the croc infested FNQ.

This might mean 2V's extension has been accepted!

Good Luck to him, from what is spoken of him he is held in high regard from ex and current players so he was destined to be back in the head coaching role on a more permanent basis.

I got the impression that the jounalists at the training session saw Brad being congratulated by the players and asumed it was for the NQ coaching job .. he and Paul Green were last 2 standing. This was already know by everyone. He is "only" an assistant coach. I'm relaxed about it coming out now. No bigger deal than knowing last game for Kitey and George.

Cowboys actually said thy would not announce until after the GF as the successful candidate may be involved in the finals. Good luck to him, seems to have done some good things for us so not begrudging a promotion

Congrats Brad!

A shame to see him going, but wonderful to see him getting a head coaching role (if this is true).

Also I like seeing new people being head coaches (instead of the old ones like Tim Sheens, Steve Folkes etc), good to see the new brigade coming in.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6