Brad Arthur

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Kevinward777

First Grader
Parramatta's Brad Arthur believed to be on Manly hit list
Date
January 31, 2015 - 6:54PM

Daniel Lane
Sports reporter & Video journalist
View more articles from Daniel Lane

Follow Daniel on Twitter Email Daniel

1422752103457.jpg

In demand: Eels coach Brad Arthur. Photo: Brendan Espositor

Parramatta coach Brad Arthur is believed to be one of several coaches on a list drawn up by Manly who are said to be considering a replacement for Sea Eagles incumbent Geoff Toovey.

Toovey has two years to run on his contract, but there were reports last month that he and his club's new chief executive, Joe Kelly, had a heated row when Kelly declared Rabbitohs' forward Thomas Burgess should be flagged as a priority recruitment target at a time when the club was fighting to retain its superstar halves partnership of Kieran Foran and Daly Cherry Evans.

Toovey, who replaced Des Hasler as the club's head coach in 2012 after Hasler joined Canterbury, has guided Manly to a grand final, but the loss of Glenn Stewart to Souths, Antony Watmough to Parramatta and reports of others wanting to be released plagued the club's 2014 campaign.

Sources have also described it as "significant" that Foran had put his contract negotiations on hold at a time when Parramatta, Canterbury, the Sydney Roosters and the New Zealand Warriors were all vying for his signature.

Arthur, who was an assistant coach to Toovey in their run to the 2013 grand final, steered Parramatta from consecutive wooden spoons to 10th spot in the NRL last season, and was believed to be considered a popular figure with the Manly players.

Any offer to return to Brookvale would be tough for the 40-year-old former Melbourne and Manly assistant, who signed a two-year contract, with an option for a third year, when he took over last October following the exit of Ricky Stuart. However, it's believed he has a clause in his contract that would allow him to leave the club.

His appointment also divided the Parramatta board when the club's chairman, Steve Sharp, anointed him as the club's coach despite a strong push for Jason Taylor, who has since been signed by the Wests Tigers.

Arthur was seen by Parramatta's management as someone to forge stability in the coaching ranks at Pirtek Stadium, something it had lacked in the past seven years with the likes of Taylor, Michael Hagan, Daniel Anderson, Steve Kearney and Stewart coming and going as head coaches.

"He's a true-blue football coach and the players can relate to him in every aspect," said Sharp last October when it was suggested he would extend Arthur's deal to last until 2017.

Parramatta's Brad Arthur believed to be on Manly hit list ?
Who believes all the **** the media maggots write

Parramatta's Brad Arthur believed to be on Manly hit list ?
Who believes all the **** the media maggots write

Are these morons serious when they write stuff like this? He was an assistant to Toovey, Eels came tenth, we came equal first at the end of the premiership rounds. Toovey is a Manly legend and this bloke is yet to prove a thing in coaching. One very stupid article.

Please, lets think about the children!!

Oh hang on, its the "Dalai Arthur" we are talking about.

So when they have nothing to write about, they write about nothing!!

It's got to be true, he's heard reports from.....anyway, he's heard reports and sources such as ....um, somebody say it's significant Foran has'nt signed yet and he believes Arthur is on a list so basically Tooves is f**ked.

This article is comical but it would be enough to get worm fans into a lather for sure lol. This is a big year for Toovey and it will take all his coaching and man management skills to help smooth over what was a turbulent end to last season. It is way too premature to consider any change.

What the hell are Manly doing?? Poor bloody Cherry has been busting his hump for weeks now to line up the Titans coach to slip straight into Toovey's role, and the club goes behind DCE's back with this sh1t!!

I'd pack my bags if I was Cherry. He's obviously not appreciated here.

Any wonder people get disinterested in being a NRL club fan when day after day all the media wrote about is who may go where. If its not that is whining and whinging about something.

Can someone anyone write about rugby league for a change?

What about the rumour that the Penns would want Des Has-bo-lah back....LOL....what ..with all the back ended contracts finished..itd be perfect timing for a return....what happened to using only manly old boys as coaches ?? Toovs needs to be allowed to finish his contract regardless...Id prefer Ivan Cleary to the dalai any day....

This article takes the cake as to the biggest load of **** I've ever heard in regards to manly rumours.

Yes mr no name reporter, we will punt a manly living legend for a blow in no name who has achieved absolutely nothing in the game. Oooo tenth place, well done coaching god Dalai Arthur.

Parramatta coach Brad Arthur is believed to be one of several coaches on a list drawn up by Manly who are said to be considering a replacement for Sea Eagles incumbent Geoff Toovey.
Arthur and Ange Postecoglou are on the short list. I hear Campbell Newman has also thrown his hat in the ring.

I told you guys weeks ago that Zorba is undermining Tooves. He does what he always does and gives stuff like this to jurnos . He has been running around manly for weeks tell everone that 2vs days are numbered and De$$ or Aurther should replace 2v. He has used an unknown jurno and not his regular ones to divert attention away from him . The story is the same message he has been telling people.

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4