brawl makes US news.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

DSM5

First Grader
Just logged onto Huffingtonpost.com, one of America's biggest blog sites. There we are, brawling all over the place. It shows the guys running across to assist Gift. Bringing the game to the world. Excellent.

Love the write up on it....the yanks still think we pull out a case of p!ss after everything we do..oh wait maybe its true..

Manly just did something the ARL/NRL has been trying to do for decades: get the sport out to the US. They'll love that and have a further look into the sport. Praise them, don't punish them, Rugby League is now on the map.

If the NRL want to get US exposure....going the way of the huffington post should be on the bottom of their list, a message in a bottle thrown into the ocean and waiting for it to get washed up on an L.A beach would deliver better results than that joke of a media outfit.

I wrote in another post that now is the time to take a Manly game to the US. It would be a massive income generator. The interest will be there...the promotion has been done courtesy of last night.

if anyone is interested in the article http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/08/26/melbourne-manly-rugby-brawl-video_n_937978.html

Ice Hockey is known (and admired) world-wide because of the fights and all-ins.

Not saying it's good or bad. Just that it's human nature.

DSM5 said:
You are kidding, right Joey? It's one of the largest blogs in the country. It's just been sold for $315 million dollars to AOL. Get a grip my friend and travel.

I know huffington post is big and all that, but their reports and articles on anything related to science and medicine is laughable and charlatan in nature, that is why I made the remark that they are a joke of a media outfit for such a large amount of followers they con a whole lot of people who read that section of the blog.

For example telling cancer patients to use homoeopathy instead of chemotherapy, telling mothers not to vaccinate their children because it will give them autism which is complete bulls**t.

I was just pointing out if Manly or NRL want media exposure in the U.S of A and if it were hypothetically in their control they should approach a more reputable media organisation that don't spreadcomplete BS.

I thought it may have made the TV news. I'm in the US now and the only news I've seen is about the cyclone about to hit the east coast. And of course the usual crap on Fox News.

Ron E. Gibbs said:
I thought it may have made the TV news. I'm in the US now and the only news I've seen is about the cyclone about to hit the east coast. And of course the usual crap on Fox News.

Check out Sportscenter on ESPN. It might be on that.

Pride said:
Love the write up on it....the yanks still think we pull out a case of p!ss after everything we do..oh wait maybe its true..

...Any sports fight is generally entertaining, but the ferocity of this fight in conjunction with the announcers play-by-play simply makes this brawl top notch.....

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/08/26/melbourne-manly-rugby-brawl-video_n_937978.html

Huffington Post is read/referenced by the Gen Ys that the NRL would kill to attract. Manly should bill them for promoting the Game :D
"There is no Such thing as Bad Publicity"

Some of the quips on the Huffinpost site that covered the 'brawl'.

Just to clarify the name Manly was inflicted on us by a Pom (English) explorer who saw a group of Koori (natives) and he thought they acted in a Manly fashion. Just to give you some idea of what they thought of THAT? One of them speared him in the shoulder.
(The fights been going on ever since.)

This could be the best insult I've ever see: ¬Rugby League is a trailer-pa¬¬rk version of Rugby played largely by swamp-dwelling, mullet-wearing, knuckle-dragging, toothless, illiterate throw-backs.

im tellin you, HOCKEY IS THE ONLY SPORT THAT KNOWS HOW TO FIGHT!!! these guys were inches apart AND COULDNT CONNECT.. very funny.

Kinda shows you just how wimpy NFL is, doesn't it?

What a great line!!
"He got thrown out for head butting the fist of an opponent"

Like a couple of referees wearing pink are gonna stop that..

Australian¬s take their sport seriously. Aussie Rules Football is another great game to watch. If you don't the aggressive play then you better go spend the afternoon in the sun at a Cricket Match.

Apart from the Blair uppercut in the first brawl and Lussick's frenzy in the second I don't think another punch was landed? There's more airswings than Tiger Wood's post 2009 career.

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6