Bred not Bought

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Napper

Bencher
We havnt bought an established rep player since 2006 and we're playing in Grand Final #4 since then.

Look at every other club. Buy a rep player every year.

Reason supporting Manly is Awesome #32456

Melbourne - Ryles
Roosters - take your pic
Souths - Inglis
Cronulla - Lewis
Newcastle - Jeremy Smith
Dogs - Trex
parra - Hoppa
Saints - Dugan
Cowboys - Tate, Johnson
Warriors - Lillyman
canberra- Brett White
Panthers - ? Soward lololololol
Broncos - Prince
titans - Taylor
Tigers - Tuqiri, anasta blair

Rambo1987 said:
Manly - Phil Bailey

At least you didn't say Chris Bailey.....

Of the current Manly squad, Joe Gulavao, Justin Horo, Brent Kite, Tom Symonds, Richie Fa'aoso and Jamie Lyon had rep experience before they joined us.

Matt Ballin, Glenn and Brett Stewart, Anthony Watmough, David Williams, Jamie Buhrer, Daly Cherry-Evans, Kieran Foran, Steve Matai, Jorge Taufua, George Rose and Jason King all gained their first rep honors while playing for Manly.

Of those players, 15 have been named in the team for today's Grand Final. Only Brenton Lawrence and either David Gower or James Hassan haven't played rep footy yet (at least, nothing from City v Country or above). And from what I know, BJ was an Australian Schoolboy rep in 2002.

During the game rabs mentioned that there was only one roosters junior playing tonight....and that was for manly.

I think of comments like these when trying to ease the pain of a loss.

Supporting a bred not bought team such as Manly whose players take pay cuts....as opposed to the rorters;

The ultimate soulless, fly in, fly out group of mercenaries you'll ever meet.

Happy with my choice.

Yup, good luck to them without SBW next year ! Proud to be a Manly supporter (and a crazy one at that), gee our boys have class.

globaleagle said:
During the game rabs mentioned that there was only one roosters junior playing tonight....and that was for manly.

Supporting a bred not bought team such as Manly whose players take pay cuts....as opposed to the rorters;

Happy with my choice.

'Juniors' are a deceptive term. The Roosters have just four junior clubs to draw from. When you compare that to even us, that is a distinct disadvantage to seeing any decent number of them develop into NRL standard players.

A better measure is how many the club developed directly through their system or debut with the club. Not sure it improves the Roosters numbers by much, but it's a fair assessment to use.

Hamster Huey said:
globaleagle said:

Happy with my choice.

'Juniors' are a deceptive term. The Roosters have just four junior clubs to draw from. When you compare that to even us, that is a distinct disadvantage to seeing any decent number of them develop into NRL standard players.

A better measure is how many the club developed directly through their system or debut with the club. Not sure it improves the Roosters numbers by much, but it's a fair assessment to use.

Think I'll still stick with Manly.

globaleagle said:
Hamster Huey said:
globaleagle said:

Happy with my choice.

Think I'll still stick with Manly.
Bwahahaha! Love it.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8