Brent Kite Contract Renewal

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

fLIP

UFO Hunter
I know mid september we were pressing to resign Kite. Rumor is spreading hes been offered a 3 year deal with Bradford, their coach Mick Potter currently in Australia looking to finish the deal before he returns.

I'm ok with this. We just won the premiership and have a load of youngsters who stocks have well and truely risen. We need to make some tough decisions like this in order to compete with the dollars on offer to these young blokes.

If he leaves though, watch the papers blow it out of proportion and claim it's the beginning of the mass exodus...

mcatt said:
I'm ok with this. We just won the premiership and have a load of youngsters who stocks have well and truely risen. We need to make some tough decisions like this in order to compete with the dollars on offer to these young blokes.

If he leaves though, watch the papers blow it out of proportion and claim it's the beginning of the mass exodus...
Yep, this is what will happen.

I thought there was an announcement recently that Kite had signed for another two years. I hope so. He is great in my view. His defence is stirling stuff.

Canteen Worker said:
I thought there was an announcement recently that Kite had signed for another two years. I hope so. He is great in my view. His defence is stirling stuff.

The Manly Sea Eagles have received a huge boost ahead of their grand final appearance with the New Zealand Warriors on Sunday with back rower Brent Kite agreeing to extend his contract for at least another two years.
The new deal, which will be finalised following the grand final, will see Kite’s stay with the Sea Eagles extended until at least the end of 2013.
“All looks good, agreed to terms and look like sticking around for a couple of years,” Kite told Sportsnewsfirst.com.au.
“We’ll start with a couple and see how we go from there which is fine. I think my form will determine if I can get another one out after that but two’s good.
“We’ll do all that once the footy is over and done with (this year).”
The 30-year-old Queanbeyan Junior began his career with Manly in 2005 following a three-year stint with St George Illawarra, a former Test and Origin star Kite admitted while the nervous leading up to a title shot never go away, they do become easier to manage with the more big game football under the belt.

Read more: http://www.zerotackle.com.au/kite-fl...#ixzz1Z3ArKe4d

Brissie Kid said:
fLIP said:
Was there not talk we were keen on buying JWH back from teh chooks?

Heard the Waratahs were hoping to have JWH go back to union in 2012 if Roosters let him go.

I have a connection at the Waratahs and there has been no talk amongst the players at least that JWH is going to be playing there next year. They've also got a pretty full roster for backrow options, including picking up Rocky Elsom.

As for Kitey, I thought he has already signed a new contract with us? If he does go we probably need to hit the market place for depth as much as anything? Cuthbo to come back maybe? He's definitely a lot more motivated then he was in his last year here.

ps. I hope Kitey stays. A different style of prop to what he was a few years ago, but he's a leader.

I for one wouldn't complain if we could get him back.

He was the standout in the roosters pack this season and has picked up some real mongrel. Just how we like to play.

Canteen Worker said:
Thanks Dowdz. That explains it. Hopefully there is lots of good news for 2012!

No worries CW.Yes, locking in some of our players would be great news for 2012. Plus the headline MANLY MAKE IT BACK TO BACK GRAND FINAL WINS.

dowdz said:
The Manly Sea Eagles have received a huge boost ahead of their grand final appearance with the New Zealand Warriors on Sunday with back rower Brent Kite agreeing to extend his contract for at least another two years.
The new deal, which will be finalised following the grand final, will see Kite’s stay with the Sea Eagles extended until at least the end of 2013.
“All looks good, agreed to terms and look like sticking around for a couple of years,” Kite told Sportsnewsfirst.com.au.

Read more: http://www.zerotackle.com.au/kite-fl...#ixzz1Z3ArKe4d

If Kite's 'agreed to terms' like he's quoted as saying, then I'd be surprised if he reneged. I thought he was happily settled here with his family but
then again, money talks....and with Des going maybe he's been persuaded to change his mind.

He was by far the player who showed the most exuberance and interacted with the fans on Thursday at the Fan Day at Brookie. I'll be so disappointed if he leaves.

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8