Brent Kite Retires

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Chip and Chase

True Supporter
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Penrith prop Brent Kite announced his retirement from the game on Friday, officially bringing to an end a stellar 313 game NRL career.

After making his debut for St George-Illawarra Dragons in 2002, Kite went on to win an NRL Premiership with Manly in 2008, along with claiming the Clive Churchill Medal, before playing his final two seasons with the Panthers.

Kite played 14 tests for Australia, 6 for Tonga - including captaining the side at the 2013 World Cup - 10 games for NSW and two for Country Origin.

"I'm well and truly finished up," Kite told Penrith Panthers website.

"Injuries have caught up with me, it is sad to go out this way.

"I had a really good career."

http://www.nrl.com/brent-kite-retires/tabid/10874/newsid/89092/default.aspx

Over 200 games, 4 Grand Final appearances, 2 Premierships, and a Clive Churchill Medal whilst wearing the Maroon and White. A key contributor for Manly on and off the field, true gentleman who always played the game in the right spirit and did a lot to rebuild the culture at Brookie post Northern Eagles. One of our best players in the last 10 years, and it's a testament to his professionalism and ability that he joined the elite 300 club. I'll always have fond memories of Kitey, and he'll go down as one of our greatest ever props. Congratulations on a great career and thanks for the memories.

Will never be forgotten for what he gave to the manly club. True champion!

You were strong,solid and could always be relied on Brett

Thanks for your legacy

I am sure both the players,club and fans will show how much you mean to the club on Sunday

The club is in better shape because of your presence and I hope you can be involved again

Well done champ

Absolute champion of a player, was a key part of an absolute golden era for Manly, and one of the most lovely people you could ever hope to meet off the field. Thank you for everything Kitey!

He's told me he wants to be involved with Manly, and still loves the MMWSE s.
We 'd be ahead by taking him up on his interest, and certain dedication he would bring to any role the club offered him. Come home Kitey. :nod:

Loved kite, always remember him being a part of Manly history in the 2008 grandfinal win and gave us plenty of bustling charges. In my eyes he has gone out a champion and I wish him and his family all the best. Thanks Kitey.

Onya Kitey thanks for the great memories and mentioning the Manly army after the 2008 GF. You are an amazing legend.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
  • Dan
    Kim Jong Dan

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9