Brent Kite selected as 18th Man

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Locky

Brent Kite selected as 18th Man
2/05/2006
By Manly Sea Eagles

Manly front rower Brent Kite has been named as the Kangaroos 18th man in this Friday nights Anzac Test.

Kite will travel up to Brisbane for the match and will train with the rest of the Kangaroos, on standby should there be any injury concerns.

It’s a great reward for the Manly prop who has had a very good start to the season.

With Ben Kennedy and Steve Menzies already in the Australian side and Steve Matai hoping to be selected in the final NZ seventeen later today, it is the biggest representation from the Sea Eagles in the international arena since the mid 90’s and is indicative of how well the club is performing this season.

We will certainly have our training disrupted this week with 4 players being absent. Well done to Brent though he has played well this year so far.

he was very very solid on sunday as well. well done

cant remember beaver missing a game after a rep game, BK i think played off tye bench last year

If I had to guess I would say, barring injury, BK will be rested against the Tigers, Beav will come off the bench, Matai and Kite will line up as per normal.

I gather by the way things are going... if harmicheal gets injured in training - kite will be the aussie fullback?

With all respects to Kite, what did Bailey do wrong? He is the number 1 prop, an incumbent (reason for picking Cooper ahead of Hodges) and yet Mason is picked in the team ahead of him with a whole heap of utilities on the bench and Kite as 18.

With all respects to Kite, what did Bailey do wrong? He is the number 1 prop, an incumbent (reason for picking Cooper ahead of Hodges) and yet Mason is picked in the team ahead of him with a whole heap of utilities on the bench and Kite as 18.

I've stuck up for Mason in the past but he doesn't deserve to be the starting prop for Australia- no farking way ...
He should learn to shut his mouth both on and off the field: two incidents stick out recently which show he hasn't learnt and possibly will never learn-
1) When he told the media last night that they were going to target Marshall and his shoulder...what did he hope to achieve through this apart from the possibility of Marshall making him eat his words...
2) When he stood over and near Gibbs after O'Meley knocked him out carrying on with a load of ****e - it was totally unnecessary and the fact that it wasn't even him that made the hit means he should've left any trash talk to O'Meley

i honestly didnt think kite would be in contention for reps so far this year, he form hasn't been at his best, but it is a hell of alot better than last year - for what were paying him i wouldn't mind seeing a vast improvement still.

Really, Skando should have been rewarded for his excellent last couple of years. Kite scores 2 tries and suddenly he's a Kangaroo?

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6