Brett eyeing England - Nooooooooooooooo

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Rambo1987

Bencher
Assessing the options ... Manly fullback Brett Stewart. Photograph: Gregg Porteous / The Daily Telegraph
BRETT Stewart says the next two weeks in England will help him decide whether he'll pursue a Super League contract when his deal with the NRL premiers Manly expires in 2012.
The Test fullback departed Sydney on Sunday with the Sea Eagles squad for the World Club Challenge against Super League champions Leeds Rhinos on March 1.

Manly will base themselves in London, with a trial match there against the Harlequins on February 22, and travel to Elland Road for the title clash.

Stewart, 23, signed a four-year deal with Manly last season but the NSW custodian said he could entertain thoughts of a stint in England when his next contract is up or later in his career.

With 92 tries in 112 NRL games, Stewart could potentially become one of the highest paid players in the UK due to his freakish tryscoring ability.

He said the two weeks in England would be a good guide to how he handled the northern hemisphere weather and conditions.

"It's an experience I'm looking forward to and will be a good indication as to whether or not I will finish my career over there," said Stewart.

"It seems to be the thing to do at the back end of your career ... you could even spend one or two years over there doing a bit of travelling and then come back over.

"I will probably use this trip as a gauge as to whether I could put up with it for a couple of years or whatever.

"I would rather be hot than cold."

The weather could be a big factor in Stewart's decision, he is so concerned of the cold conditions in England he plans to be covered from head to toe for both games.

"I will probably put the gloves on and full body kit just to see how I go," he said.

Stewart said he was fully fit for the season ahead after a shoulder injury ruled him out of Australia's unsuccessful World Cup campaign at the end of 2008.

He had arthroscopic surgery on both shoulders in the offseason and already has full strength back and completed full contact work in training.

Stewart said the Sea Eagles were headed to England confident they could be the first Australian team since the Sydney Roosters in 2003 to return with the WCC trophy.

"As soon as we got back (coach) Des (Hasler) made it clear that our first incentive this year is to get the World Club Challenge," he said.

"We want to be the best team in the world and we're all pretty focussed on that."

dont go crazy its just him stating that at the end of his career he would consider going over there ala Beaver, and no surprises if he can get heeps of $$$ when he losses his youth & pace

"It seems to be the thing to do at the back end of your career ... you could even spend one or two years over there doing a bit of travelling and then come back over."

2012 makes Snake only mid 20s. I hope that the chance for Irvines scoring record will keep him with us, apart from a swag of premierships and the example of Beaver in being a one club player.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2