Brett Finch: Blame Bob Fulton, not my dad

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Berkeley_Eagle

Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan
Brett Finch: Blame Bob Fulton, not my dad

By James Phelps | July 01, 2008
http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/sport/nrl/story/0,26799,23948164-5006066,00.html

THE man who became a NSW hero after kicking a State of Origin match-winning field goal in 2006 last night took aim at one of rugby league's most powerful men - and it was all in the name of the father.

In an extraordinary spray, former Blues star Brett Finch yesterday called for Bob Fulton to be sacked as a NSW selector if they lose the series after the rugby league Immortal accused his father - referees' boss Robert Finch - of "attempting to change the face of Origin".

An emotional Finch took the unusual step of calling The Daily Telegraph to defend his father after the Manly great said Robert failed to inform NSW of changes to rule interpretations before State of Origin II.

"It is very ordinary," Finch said of Fulton's comments. "It is very personal because he is my dad. What he is accusing my father of is just a disgrace.

"He is basically saying my father isn't good at his job.
Related Links

"My opinion is he got it wrong (as a selector) in 2006 and 2007 and if the Blues don't win on Wednesday night, then he has gotten it wrong three years in a row. In my opinion he is not good at his job."

The Eels No. 7 said Fulton should stand down as a NSW selector if the Blues lose tomorrow night's State of Origin decider at ANZ Stadium.

"What he said is just embarrassing," Finch said.

"I am very upset because it is my father.

"And to come from someone like Bob Fulton . . . he is a selector for NSW. Maybe if NSW don't win on Wednesday night then he should be sacked, because he hasn't picked the right team for three years."

Brett, who was in contention for a Blues jersey this year, said his controversial comments could "ruin" his representative career.

"It has probably ruined my representative career but I couldn't give a rat's a...," Finch said.

"It was just too personal.

"Fulton said nothing when they won in the first game. Now he is blowing up because they lost the second.

"What is embarrassing is Fulton coming up with these comments.

"He should just worry about doing his job because he hasn't been able to do his job for the last two years."

Fulton last night stood by his comments made in yesterday's Daily Telegraph."What Brett has to understand is his father has the highest profile refereeing job in the country," Fulton said. "I think it is admirable but embarrassing that he (Brett) has gone into bat for his old man.

"Brett really does need to be realistic in relation to the comments that have been made.

"Robert Finch had the right of reply in the same article, which he expressed.

"He is in a high-profile position and I don't think constructive criticism hurts anyone.

"If Brett thinks it is anything other than constructive criticism then he is a very immature man."

But Finch maintained Fulton's comments were a "disgrace".

"My dad doesn't know I am ringing but as his son, I am just absolutely ropeable about the comments he (Fulton) made," Finch said.

"He is trying to undermine him and the job he does. It is just pathetic.

"I just think it is a cheap shot at my old man because I know how hard he works."

Fulton is right. 

Robert Finch is doing a CRAP job - not just for Origin but for all of the NRL.  The officials have way too much influence on the outcome of games because they lack consistency.

It is killing the game.

Is their anyone else involved in overseeing the refs? Is it just Robert or is he the highest ranked on a board or group that overlooks refs?

If not, their needs to be. Where is Roberts accountability? Why make it just 1 man and not a board. Things are fairer when more people have a say.

Flip link said:
Is their anyone else involved in overseeing the refs? Is it just Robert or is he the highest ranked on a board or group that overlooks refs?

If not, their needs to be. Where is Roberts accountability? Why make it just 1 man and not a board. Things are fairer when more people have a say.
yes flip
****face Harrigan is involved as well kinda explains why we are one of the most penalised teams and we dont get BOD  tries

Harrigon is an outright lier.

He could look in the mirror, call himself black and believe it.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6