Brett out for Saturday night. (Rnd 6)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

manlyforever08

Reserve Grader
Brett Stewart's hamstring strain has forced him out for Manly against the Warriors at Brookvale Oval tomorrow. William Hopoate will move to fullback and Manly coach Des Hasler said either Tony Williams or Michael Oldfield would play on the wing. Second-rower Joe Galuvao and bench forward George Rose have slight injuries and will have to be checked today, but Hasler said they were expected to play. The Warriors are set to line up as listed.

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/prized-dog-with-sore-leg-recovers-in-time-to-face-old-enemy-parramatta-20110414-1dg1t.html

:(

RE: Brett out for Saturday night.

FFS it's what we expected, don't know why this is even news.

Brett will he back when he is match fit, until then we get more chances for Hoppa & Oldfield to show Des what they can do. It's a win-win situation.

I used to fear for us when Brett Stewart is out of the team. Now i find myself thinking no probs we have tremendous backup. What a great feeling.

They're not rushing him back in and there's no need to. We're travelling ok at the moment and his fitness has to be a priority.

he tends to heal slower than average due to his diabetes as well.

Des seems more relaxed and open this year in announcing who is in and who is out. I seem to recall in previous seasons not knowing who is out until they run on. If this is an indication of a new attitude it seems to be paying off in that the players reckon they are enjoying playing and it shows in the performances.

Fluffy said:
he tends to heal slower than average due to his diabetes as well.

Is this opinion based on any medical facts?

Not having a go, I've just never heard that before.

Hopefully the injury is what they are telling us and it is not something more serious.

Manly sea eagles just said on twitter that he is still 50/50 and that it is definately not his knee.

ads said:
Manly sea eagles just said on twitter that he is still 50/50 and that it is definately not his knee.
Saw the same tweet

manlyseaeagles To confirm - Brett is still a 50/50 chance to play but contrary to reports, he has NOT hurt his knee #gomanly

SeaEagleRock8 said:
Des seems more relaxed and open this year in announcing who is in and who is out. I seem to recall in previous seasons not knowing who is out until they run on. If this is an indication of a new attitude it seems to be paying off in that the players reckon they are enjoying playing and it shows in the performances.

i am sure the fans who travelled to gosford would have a slightly different take on it.

Given he has had the knee complications I wouldn't want him to rush back. If it is a hammy he would over compensate and likely do more damage to the knees.

Also when players come back from a long injury stint they take longer to heal and there should be more caution. Remember when King came back from the foot injuries as Mr Chicken legs, it took him a while to recover from all other injuries.

If only we could still use Calf's blood :)

If we were on 0 wins without him, i'd say theyd consider rushing him back in. But, we've been doing ok so whats the rush?
Id rather him back and firing when it counts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4