Brett Stewart – fifth tackle kicker?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
While watching the Manly/Souths game at thr ground, I thought just about the best fifth tackle clearing kick was one where Brett Stewart slotted into first receiver, got the ball from Monas and with great accuracy kicked it from inside our half to between the fullback and winger, It was longer and more accurate that what Orford has done in a while. It may have been a bit of a one off, but I reckon Stewart should kick a lot more on our fifth tackles.

Brett's done a few decent kicks this season, both attacking kicks and clearing kicks. How about his kick on the run for Beaver's second try? Even though he doesn't do it often I've always thought he looked to have pretty decent skills. Maybe it's another developing string to his bow . . .
The other thing he rarely gets credit for is his passing game. Pay close attention and you'll see he's an excellent first/second receiver. He's popped some great passes this year to set other players up.
He ain't just a speed machine:)

He's a great all round player and getting better. He is also very strong and is hard to stop from dummy half close to the line.

He deserves the Aussie Job though that may depend on whether we finish ahead of the Cowboys as the QLD selectors will back Bowen, even though they couldn't fit him into their Origin team, except as a reserve.

I can see that as he gets older, he'll become more & more a 5/8 just as Ridge & Lockyer have done.
His skill level has jumped up a couple of notches this year.

I agree with the comments re Stewart last Saturday night. His kicks were excellent. The Ox worries me with regard to kicking. Why he takes the penalty kicks for the line is beyond me. He invariably makes ten metres when 30 is on offer. I think we should give that duty to someone with a boot who can be coached by a punting expert, maybe from the Swans. I raised this last year with Des and got brushed so go figure.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6