Brett Stewart - Any Court Case News ?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Jethro

Star Trekkin' across the universe
Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Has anybody heard anything yet? I've done a couple of searches for news stories but still can't find any updates.

KaZa link said:
Nothing yet mate. I think its still in process.

Yeah but I just thought that going by the previous lengths that they have been in court that it may have been ended or adjourned etc. by now seeing as though it was supposed to have started at 9:30 this morning. So I suppose now we will just have to hurry up and wait.

It could be a good sign. The judge could be hearing a whole lot about the brief of evidence and the case could be booted

Yeah definately today Dan. Going by that previous article about the adjournment.

Someone posted a website last time too.. that had the schedule.. i cant remember what it was to see what time it was on exactly.

God i hope it gets thrown out today.

Dan link said:
was it def today?

Yes, B_e posted the following in another thread:

http://www.lawlink.nsw.gov.au/courtlists/nswlc_lists.nsf/2d69be7802e95b764a256e6a00044f71/0bd78e581c3a2665ca2575d70078e63b?OpenDocument

DPP LIST @ 9.30AM  
   Before: MAGISTRATE CULVER  
   Police CAN List

interesting twist Watmough faced the same magistrate in 2007

By the looks of that he may not even be in there. He was told to be there at 9:30 but may not be going in front of the magistrate until much later

Dan link said:
By the looks of that he may not even be in there. He was told to be there at 9:30 but may not be going in front of the magistrate until much later

Yeah, you could be right. There are certainly a lot on that list to see the judge at 9:30.

I walked past Downing Centre this morning and didn't see any cameras around. Checked again at lunch time and nothing. I don't think he's been in yet

I just heard the news on the radio that Bretts case is getting held up due to the girls legal team who are trying to suppress evidence from Brett's legal team it's something to do with hospital reports i think ?

And I think we all know what that means!!!

NO DNA

I imagine trying to get that "struck out"...poor fella must be a tough day, our thoughts are with you Snakey!!!

It depends on the actual hospital records that they are trying to have suppressed.

If they are to do with the DNA etc, I dont know that they would be able to do that. If it is records from the past, there is a chance they may.

However it sounds like the girls legal team is on the back foot in my opinion, and I would say having them being on the back foot is probably a positive sign, all guess work though really

Brett didn't have to be there today as long as he had legal representation at court.

Jethro link said:
[quote author=KaZa link=topic=180856.msg229233#msg229233 date=1245730479]

surely that wont be allowed?

What, the evidence or the case being held up?
[/quote]

Jethro it's the evidence holding things up for i could make with the news on the radio today ?

On ABC radio, court case has been adjourned till September. Bretts legal team have requested documents from her lawyers. The documents that are being supressed relate to psychological reports of the girl.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6