Brett Stewart availability for Sat

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

EagleFromMay1967

Sky Punching : send them High as the Clouds
Check NRL Rumours on Facebook for news of Brett Stewart and his likelihood of playing Sat. Apparently David Riccio (Telecrap) says he has info Snake will NOT be playing.

I cannot confirm that material is up there, i cannot get on to Facebook from here. Blocked site. Please check it, someone, and paste the text.:(

I've heard similar,I've even heard he may even struggle to be back next week aswell.....I hope my mails wrong very wrong !!!!!!!

Not sure how they know that. @Bones said (i'm assuming that it came from the horses mouth) that he was having a fitness test today (thursday)

Don't worry. I too would love to have Brett playing and swoop through to one win from a Grand final birth but I also believe we have some amazing talent that will get through to the Grand final even without him.

This is a really special Manly side that will show everyone what heart is all about.

Go the mighty Eagles.

I will be very nervous if he doesn't play. Nothing against Hiku, but Brett is a big game player, we need his blistering attack and his communication in defense.

David Riccio ‏@DaveRic1 39m
Awaiting confirmation from @manlyseaeagles but strong mail Brett Stewart is unlikely to play on Sat night
https://twitter.com/DaveRic1/status/377957579756150784

Whoever pulls on that Manly jersey will do us proud :angel:

Brett knows his body and would never short change Manly by being a passenger.

Stevo said:
Not sure how they know that. @Bones said (i'm assuming that it came from the horses mouth) that he was having a fitness test today (thursday)

Brett said at the awards night on Tuesday that he has a fitness test on Thursday.

Maybe the telegraph will print an apology in about six months time. "The Daily telegraph understands Brett Stewart did in fact play. The daily telegraph apologises to Mr Stewart for any embarrassment he may have suffered."

Brett Stewart out I think from all reports
My tip
Without him we will be in the contest come Sarurday for 60 mins with the roosters to get the better of us in the last 20 and it will be 2012 all over again ( Manly verses cowboys)

Easts 22
Manly 8

My understanding was that he was taken off as a precaution only against the Storm. I'm not sure what to believe anymore.

He will play, just tactics.... He is the Prince of Snakeness, he will score a double, and get MOM :)

Nearly as good as the getting Wolfman to rush up in defense all year only to change it in the finals tactic.

Snake ran in that try against Storm and the did his signature try scoring dive to the ground. It was game over for Storm & he went straight from the field. Unless he got hurt in the dive, and he didn't seem to, it's hard to work out how he is now unlikely to play a fortnight later.

BS_sjzMCUAE7kEo.jpg

Snake will be there.
As it is, he has been killing the opposition at 70% - at 60% will still be the most dominant player come Sat night.

I've watched the footage of him going into the sheds after he scores pretty closely and he doesn't seem to worried about it (but that could be because he is used to it by now)

The only trick with the hammy (assuming it is the hammy as he iced it immediately) is that if he tweaked it during the game he wouldn't really know how bad it was until he cooled down.

If he is unavailable it really squares things up with JWH out.

I'm hoping its a smokescreen though.

Injury rumours around Snake generally turn out to be correct....especially on those ham strings.

I know its a semi and we need him and all that....but if there is a risk of him doing damage I reckon we will play it safe and give him the time. If he comes back and doesn't run much ( as he has done on some previous injury returns ) he may have little impact anyway. I want him fit for a grand final or sudden death game. Not half fit and going through the motions.

Really hope its a smokescreen but don't think it is. 2 weeks ( or 1 weeks ) rest could make a big difference if we jag one this weekend.

Two chances really, one prize.

We win this week, we get a place in a sudden death final.

We win next week, we get a place in a sudden death final.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6