Brett Stewart benched for SOO

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

DUFFMAN

Bencher
http://silvertails.net/component/content/article/40-general-nrl/3428-brett-stewart-benched-for-origin-3

Brett Stewart may not start at fullback tonight. There is talk in the nsw camp that Gidley may start at fullback. Also Willie Mason may start from the bench with Ben Cross moved to the run on squad.

This will also be Craig Bellamy's last game as coach for the blues, He doesnt want to coach against his qld based storm players and has told family and friends it will be his last game.

lo ****

thats all i can say about this cretin who will be remembered as the man
who invented the grapple tackle, crusher and the chicken wing

The fact that Bellamy says he hates going up against his star QLDers just says his heart was never in it and if NSW lose tonight we now know why.

article added to front page by Dan
http://silvertails.net/component/content/article/40-general-nrl/3428-brett-stewart-benched-for-origin-3

If the rumours are true, we will be starting with only about 5 players on the field with everyone else coming off the bench

**** off! He was top 3 in game 1 and everyone i've heard in the media comment on game two has him as NSW best. How the **** can you justify putting Gidley in instead.

This just reinforces the notion that bellamy despises Manly players.

I can see a huge outcry from Ray Warren tonight if Brett doesn't start. He dead set has an errection for him.

Origin is a joke these days anyways - the 17 that run out are nothing like what would be there if people weren't retiring from rep footy left right and centre, and if selections were made on merit rather than on a political basis. 

It's ridiculous. If he thought the Buderus/Gidley combination is so good.....then pick Gidley at fullback to start with.

Stewart isn't a bench player, so you've effectively lost a bench spot. Stewart was close to NSW's best in game 2 and the only one that could tackle Inglis.

These mugs that have never had a good game in origin like Gidley, Tupou, Hoffman, White keep on getting selected in the vein hope that they can provide some miracle play.

Gah - don't get me started. May as well watch a re-run of antiques road show than the origin tonight

I just hope that this is the last straw that fires the pussies in our team up when we play Melb in Rd 22 and in the finals. Bellamy has contempt for Manly players and the only true way to stick it back up him is to perform when we play Melb.
I've never been very parochial about SOO (and I don't care what people think of that). I just want to see good quality games and if NSW win a series 2-1 that will do me. If Snake is benched then tonight I will be hoping that Gidley stuffs up with a few bombs and grubbers and that Qld smashes NSW. Then the super coach can piss off back to Melb and give Cam a hug. I won't deny that Bellamy is a good coach - you can't argue with his results but the bloke is a 1st grade a-hole.
By the way - isn't it a touch hypocritical that Lyon is branded as having no passion for the Blues and then the coach who leaked a private conversation then says he doesn't want to coach NSW against his own players.
end of rant!

B

I am the same Bradza, i just like to see a good game, who wins, doesn't really bother me too much at the end of the day

Bradza link said:
By the way - isn't it a touch hypocritical that Lyon is branded as having no passion for the Blues and then the coach who leaked a private conversation then says he doesn't want to coach NSW against his own players.
end of rant!

B

I agree that bellamy is a tosser however the only reaon he came out about Lyon was becasue he was being absolutely hammered for not selecting Lyon to play. He also came out in the media and said that he respected Jamie for his actions.

The media were there ones having a crack at Lyon, not Bellamy.

All the better for Manly - the less time Brett is on the field the risk of injury & end of season fatigue reduces

It's all BS these days.

They should pick the team as the best player eligible in that position. Forget favourites, forget combinations.

Pick the best player in every position for both states and let's see the best vs the best instead of the crap we get these days.

Same goes with australia. You should earn the jersey because you are the best player from nsw/qld or australia not because you play in a way that suits the game plan the coach has in mind.

Nutzcraw link said:
It's all BS these days.

They should pick the team as the best player eligible in that position. Forget favourites, forget combinations.

Pick the best player in every position for both states and let's see the best vs the best instead of the crap we get these days.

Same goes with australia. You should earn the jersey because you are the best player from nsw/qld or australia not because you play in a way that suits the game plan the coach has in mind.

but who is the best? different coaches = different style of play.

The teams are based on the coach of that team. Bellamy hates manly and believes that our style of players don't work in origin.

DVS Matt link said:
[quote author=Nutzcraw link=topic=177770.msg188457#msg188457 date=1214965736]
It's all BS these days.

but who is the best? different coaches = different style of play.

The teams are based on the coach of that team. Bellamy hates manly and believes that our style of players don't work in origin.
[/quote]

Either that, or he sees Manly as a long-term threat so by not selecting Manly players in Origin future players and potential signees might be turned off signing for us due to them feeling they won't be able to play Origin by playing for Manly :p

This all be a moot point if the idiot decides to quit as Origin coach (which I really, really hope he does)

well if you look at the stats

manly are the best defensive and best attacking team in the comp. Surely our style of play should suit whatever situation

Ropable with this, the sooner the **** pisses off the better

Selecting garbage in the front row, then benching your best player from game 2. Congratz Bellamy you merkin

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6