Brett Stewart/ Flying punch/King hit

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

dowdz

Bencher
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Sorry to bring up more on the fight, but most people say Snake should be outed and is a dog. Now, yes he came flying in with what looks like a swinging arm, but did he actually throw a punch? Looked like minimal contact and not much more. Looks worse than what it appears to be. Thoughts?

Most of those complaining think he got a 1 week suspension.In effect he got 3 weeks and got a week off for guilty and another week for 7 years of no priors.3 weeks was not light.

Love the snake but it wasn't a good look and if we take off our maroon and white glasses we would be saying the same if an opposition player ran in at one of our players.

susan said:
Most of those complaining think he got a 1 week suspension.In effect he got 3 weeks and got a week off for guilty and another week for 7 years of no priors.3 weeks was not light.

Thanks Susan i didnt know that. I even saw a media article saying that Brett got his 4 weeks back for getting off so light.

It looked like a flying ninja attack of absolute homosexuality.......but it was probably trying to grab Blair on the fly,looked pretty weird and kind of hilarious to be honest

They are probably still ribbing him for whatever the hell that was

susan said:

considering blair only got 2 weeks for his involvement in the first incident & 3 weeks for the 2nd, 3 weeks(before discounts) for what brett did seems a bit harsh.

Yes and no. The players rushing in were the worst look, I thought Darcy was in most trouble. Brett's problem was that he he was closest (or maybe just the fastest runner) and though he had every motive to rush to to brother's aid the fact he went full steam probably did influence the other guys running with him. All unlucky in a sense as others have pointed out, at the other end of the field it would have been Storm players in 1st.

It is hard to know if Blair got 3 on the basis of equal blame for the 2nd blue, or being the aggressor, or being the one who reacted to Glen. I have heard all 3 versions of blame put forth as gospel this week. My view is it was 100% Blair the aggressor, though Glen threw the first punch. Wish we knew how the panel viewed it, lol.

dowdz said:
Sorry to bring up more on the fight, but most people say Snake should be outed and is a dog. Now, yes he came flying in with what looks like a swinging arm, but did he actually throw a punch? Looked like minimal contact and not much more. Looks worse than what it appears to be. Thoughts?

Like I said in the "Now its 8 on 1...do we have 9!!!" thread:

From the footage that I've looked at numerous times both in slow motion and frame by frame, all that I can see him do is run over to try and tackle Blair off of his brother.

There was no clenched fists or flying kicks.

His arms were cupped and his hands were open like you would when you go in for a tackle.

Blair saw him coming and swung Glenn by the jersey into his path and also ducked so that Brett couldn't tackle him.

If Blair had stayed upright, Brett would have collected him between the shoulder and elbow area.

He never punched him even after he missed the tackle but his hand/wrist did just clip him on his right cheek area and slide around to the back of his neck area and away when he went flying over the top because Blair ducked out of the way.

The only ones who threw any punches into Blair were Glenn and Darcy.

Everybody else who came running to the fight (both Manly and Storm players) just tried to pull everybody else out of the way and to break up the fight.

SeaEagleRock8 said:
Yes and no. The players rushing in were the worst look, I thought Darcy was in most trouble. Brett's problem was that he he was closest (or maybe just the fastest runner) and though he had every motive to rush to to brother's aid the fact he went full steam probably did influence the other guys running with him. All unlucky in a sense as others have pointed out, at the other end of the field it would have been Storm players in 1st.

It is hard to know if Blair got 3 on the basis of equal blame for the 2nd blue, or being the aggressor, or being the one who reacted to Glen. I have heard all 3 versions of blame put forth as gospel this week. My view is it was 100% Blair the aggressor, though Glen threw the first punch. Wish we knew how the panel viewed it, lol.

But if you look at the footage of the lead up to the fight, Blair runs up to Glenn, there are words spoken between the two and then Blair turns into the path of Glenn so that he can't go any further towards the sheds to follow the directions of the Referee.

Blair then does a bit of a chest feather puff up and nudges/pushes his chest into Glenn and looks down on him.

Glenn then puts his hand between the two of them to make some space.

Blair then grabs Glenn by the jersey around the front of the neck area with his left hand and shoves him backwards with force which then makes Glenn momentarily grab a piece of Blair's jersey to stop his possible fall backwards but Blair still doesn't release Glenn's jersey and starts to pull him back towards him so Glenn then lets go of Blair's jersey as he realised that he wasn't going to fall.

As Blair still didn't release Glenn's jersey after the shove and pull back, Glenn then hits out to get him to let go and then the fight was on and for the whole duration of the fight when it was still one on one, Blair still had hold of that same piece of jersey and used it to swing Glenn into Brett's path when he saw him coming at full speed towards him.

The Eagle said:
It looked like a flying ninja attack of absolute homosexuality.......but it was probably trying to grab Blair on the fly,looked pretty weird and kind of hilarious to be honest

They are probably still ribbing him for whatever the hell that was

It looked a bit funny because Blair swung Glenn by the Jersey neck into Brett's path so Brett ended up a bit sideways when he went in to tackle Blair who also ducked.

To me is the most overblown reaction in this whole incident. My take is that Brett had absolutely no idea what he was going to do when he started racing to the fight. There was nothing premeditated, he was running on 100% pure emotion. He just got there real quick and stuck a really weak arm out. People talk about king hits and dog acts and I hate it. If thats really the type of bloke he was he would have cocked his elbow and smashed Blairs jaw across Brookvale. He also would have continued to lay into him after he got there, but from the footage I've seen he never throws another punch. Hardly the act of a dog.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8