Brett Stewart Injury Scare

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Canteen Worker

First Grader
Sigh of relief for Sea Eagles
September 11, 2007 - 11:36AM

Manly fullback Brett Stewart has laughed off a training mishap at Narrabeen on Tuesday that sent a minor scare through the Sea Eagles camp.

Stewart left the field after just a few minutes of training, cradling his right thumb and rushed into Manly's rehabilitation room.

He emerged 30 minutes later but said he had only jarred his thumb after it had been caught in teammate Travis Burns' training singlet.

The NSW fullback laughed at the media attention he received and said he was in absolutely no doubt of playing in next week's preliminary final.

"It's only jarred, I don't know what all the fuss is about," said Stewart.

"I'll be back training tomorrow. I could play tomorrow if I had to."

Manly coach Des Hasler said the Sea Eagles should be close to full strength for next week's grand final qualifier at the Sydney Football Stadium.

Props Brent Kite and Glenn Hall are both near certainties to come back from injury after completing running drills today.

Several Sea Eagles players sat out training today but Hasler said his only real concern for next week's game is winger Chris Hicks and his torn ankle ligament.

AAP

Travis Burns's singlet, get rid of him now! Train ticket to far away up there Nth Qld immediately. Could this be an inside job? Burns, their Manchurian candidate?

Travis Burns's singlet, get rid of him now! Train ticket to far away up there Nth Qld immediately. Could this be an inside job? Burns, their Manchurian candidate?

:lol:

Do you think Mattai told Burns to do it ?

Jatz, don't get me started. Actually I will start. On Matai's efforts on Saturday night I thought he went OK. Apart from a few airswings, his defense was good. His hit on Kidwell was excellent and took him out of the next play. I thought he could have dived at the line for a try, but for once I couldn't fault his effort. Classic Matai to go down with cramp.

My heart deadset skipped a beat when I saw "injury scare" and the Manly emblem on sports tonight last night.

Luckily he is sweet to go... losing Stewy would be devastating.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4