Brett Stewart - The Natural

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Jethro

Star Trekkin' across the universe
Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Refer:

http://manly-daily.whereilive.com.au/sport/story/the-natural/

The Natural

01 Oct 08 @ 05:56pm by Jason Avedissian

Manly fullback Brett Stewart in flying action. Picture by: Braden Fastier

IT’S this ability to streak away from defenders which has convinced Sea Eagles sprint guru Clayton Kearney that Manly flyer Brett Stewart could easily represent Australia at the Olympic Games.

Stewart’s freakish speed was on full display in Manly’s grand final qualifying win over the Warriors.

The 23-year-old NSW custodian scored two tries in the victory, taking his career tally to 92 from just 111 first grade matches.

Kearney, a former Australian 200m champion, told The Manly Daily the Wollongong junior could easily be making his name on the track, running in the ``low 10 seconds’’ over 100m.

``He probably could have represented Australia at an Olympics if he wanted to,’’ the Sea Eagles’ sprint coach said.

``He’s a natural. ``I think if he focused on being an athlete, he would get down to somewhere in the low 10s. ``He’s certainly a super footballer besides his speed.’’

He certainly is. After undergoing knee surgery in the off-season, Stewart admitted he took a little while to find his pace. But now the Sea Eagles speed machine has revealed he is ``fitter and faster’’ to ensure the club can knock off the Storm in Sunday evening’s NRL grand final.

``I’m fitter and faster than I was at the start of the year,’’ Stewart told the Daily.

``It took me a little while to get back into it (after surgery).

``There’s no doubts, it was always going to take a bit of time and I’m not a very patient person.

``But I’m feeling fitter and faster now.’’

Kearney would not reveal Stewart’s exact times but was confident he could easily nudge close to 10 seconds flat for the 100m if he trained for it.

``He’s got an amazing temperment,’’ Kearney said.

``But, with his football weights’ training, it can be detrimental to your speed.’’ Grand final tickets are still available for Manly fans through Ticketek.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6