Brett taking action against news ?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Kiwi Eagle

Staff member
Just came across this inside another article

TEWART KEEN TO MOVE ON

BRETT STEWART says he will consider becoming the face of league again - if he is offered the opportunity. ''I'd definitely think about it,'' he said. ''I'd have a long hard think. It's not something I asked for originally, but I'd cross that bridge if I come to it.'' Right now he is keen to right some of the wrongs. Stewart is facing a hefty pay day if his defamation case settles against News Limited. He had to wear a lot from sections of the media - including a front-page News Limited report that screamed he was ''too drunk to remember'' any of the events of the night - something that was totally incorrect. I spent half an hour with Stewart and his girlfriend, Jaime Baker, on Thursday and be sure they want justice when it comes to the way his story was reported. ''Yeah, some of the stuff that was published, I don't know where they get it from and I can't blame the public for what the media write or what was said. Around Manly it was all right. Quite a lot of people, they stayed loyal there. Anywhere else they seem to hate us.'' What Stewart struggled with was the knowing looks he got from people walking the street. ''In the past I'd think they'd be walking with their kids and they'd be pointing at me because I was Brett Stewart or whatever, but after these allegations when people were pointing or talking it was sort of paranoia I suppose … do they believe what they are reading? I did not have that problem before the allegations.'' Right now a holiday is on his mind. ''I'm looking forward to relaxing for a couple of months,'' he said.

Zorba mentioned that whilst Brett and his family are looking forward to moving on, on the question of compensation/legal costs being returned to Stewart, he said that this was not the end of the story and there is more to come.
Take from that what you will but messrs Kent, Masoud, Magnay, Wilson and co will have plenty of explaining to do if they want to avoid a financial settlement.
I hope Brett takes these gutter trash journos for a motza. Then we might just start seeing a little bit of truth in NRL reporting.
Actually holding journalists to account (for a change) on what they report will be a win for everyone bar the media outlets.

I found kiwi's article at:

http://www.theage.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/ibrahim-ready-to-roar-on-roosters-20101002-161y9.html

First I've heard of a defamation case, but that would be so good to see. Force the bastards to print a front page retraction.

Noticed the article was from Weidler/SMH.  Not sure how true it will be, especially since Magnay wrote for SMH too (right?).  But i guess if the majority were from News and that's where the worst 'reports' were from...

They would be James....I can smell a huge defamation case coming.

And I agree "sick em"...bastards deserve everything they get.

SeaEagleRock8 link said:

http://www.theage.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/ibrahim-ready-to-roar-on-roosters-20101002-161y9.html

First I've heard of a defamation case, but that would be so good to see. Force the bastards to print a front page retraction.

Didn't Brett's Dad Barry hint to DSM5 during a conversation a couple of weeks ago that something like this was on the cards?

Would be interesting if such a defamation case goes ahead - no shortage of source material for the lawyers and might be one of the more high profile cases in recent years.....

But would not be so good if such a case distracts Brett (or Manly team) from thorough preparations for the 2011 footy season

Yes SER8 force em to print front page retraction AND pay substantial compensation for damage to reputation, loss of sponsorship earnings etc etc

Jethro link said:
[quote author=SeaEagleRock8 link=topic=185665.msg300669#msg300669 date=1286063200]

Didn't Brett's Dad Barry hint to DSM5 during a conversation a couple of weeks ago that something like this was on the cards?
[/quote]

He said Brett father was non too pleased with the NRL and David Gallop in particular. I don't recall anything to do with lawsuits though.

Flip link said:
[quote author=Jethro link=topic=185665.msg300678#msg300678 date=1286065916]
[quote author=SeaEagleRock8 link=topic=185665.msg300669#msg300669 date=1286063200]

[/quote]

He said Brett father was non too pleased with the NRL and David Gallop in particular. I don't recall anything to do with lawsuits though.
[/quote]

There is definately a case I reckon, we are all witnesses here

If it were not for certain statements in a certain newspaper the case would never gone as far as it did........millions, several millions is the only just outcome here as well as the hunting down and destruction of a certain News Limited plant in the NRL

When will we be rid of all vestiges of this gutter corrupt organisation.....???

Whole heartedly agree with every comment here. I'm sure Zorba not only said this morning this matter was far from over, but that the outcome being sought will be to the benefit of all high profile people when allegations are made.

This is good news, and I'm sure he will have a lot of support from other players, not only from Manly.  Some may think this could damage the game, but in my opinion it's necessary.  It's not fair that league players are such an easy target for the media, and the NRL need to be sent a clear message that they should be more supportive of players.  I hope any legal case takes aim at Gallop and the journalist scum.  Lets see what it's like for them when the shoe's on the other foot

If anyone has foxtel, i just noticed that they are using Rebecca Wilson as part of their swimming coverage.

I turned over that fast i didn't hear a word she said. Thank god channel 10 are doing the swimming.

I emailed foxtel and voiced my disgust at them using her.

[email protected] :mad:

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7