Brilliant start to the year!!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Disco

First Grader
Premium Member
Now we haven't been dominant but we have played the other 3 top four teams from last year with some key injuries and some pretty inexperienced forwards.

I think being 3 from 4 with a golden point loss is a great start to the year.

Credit to the boys and lets smash those Tigers!!

Its been an outstanding start to the year given the teams we have played and our injuries. We have 4 very winnable games coming up so hopefully we can keep the momentum going. Toovey has some hard Decisions to make in the next few weeks with Taufua and Snake coming back, i think Hiku has to be in the 17.

I think all of us would say that if we were asked the question before the season started, that the team would be 3 out of 4 to start the season we would be very happy with that.

The team has again underlined its character, responding to losing to the drizzle with 3 tough wins.

What is most pleasing is that we have done that without major players in the team.

We now must BEWARE of the next game at Leichhardt, that is an ambush for us.

Yes, I heard Tooves say last night that our draw meant we started against 3 of the best teams, he then stated, 'Of course every game is hard', but the danger is the players got up for those games and may have trouble getting up for teams which aren't 'the best'.

Or should I say 'weren't' the best last year. Nothing is surer than that several of last year's also-rans are currently vastly improved. Tigers for example are unrecognisable, though I tip them to sag very soon, as Saints did last night.

The Tigers are a much improved team this year. We would'nt want to take them lightly.
I'm sure Tooves will have everybody wearing their game day heads next Sunday though.
Great start to the season, especially last nights win.

And the good news is we've won these games without key players who will come back, so we will only get better as players come back. A great start by Tooves and the boys.

Andy1972
Manly Forever

I attended round 1 in Sydney and came away disappointed at a loss and feeling very nervous at possibly another year with Brett on the park very little.

Had you said to me we'd be 3/4 after round 4 I would have laughed at you.

I'm not laughing now I'm just smiling!!

3 from 4 and the one we lost, we really shouldn't have after being so dominant.

Fantastic start.

Still, we are short in the props.

Is anyone else disappointed with Kingy? Been out injured for what seems like an eternity, and now missed an important match through suspension. How much is this guy costing our club, purely in financial terms?

Just realised I turned a happy thread into negative, sorry about that guys ;)

Not disappointed with Kingy at all. I haven't seen a replay of the incident so cant comment on it but perhaps it was strategic to take the week off.

Wasn't there talk after week two of a rib injury, perhaps the weeks suspension gave him time to recover without any admission of the extant of the injury.

Yes disappointed that King has been out injured for a long time and if Joey G and him were fit and playing in the GF last year we would have probably won pretty convincingly. But you can't be disappointed at him personally…he gives his all for the club and that's why they gave Choc and him life membership.

Really looking good. I always like to be at Rd 8 with a minimum of 5 wins. 5 from 8 and you are really looking good coming into the Origin period.

It's definitely a strong start, I just hope we don't put our Parra performance on against the Tigpies next week.

Most of us know we do tend to struggle against certain, less fancied teams.

Terrific start though, and something to really
build on.

Awesome start. Could so easily be 4 from 4. But thinking about all four games so far, we could just as easily be 0 from 4.
Bring on those Tigers.

Killer03 said:
Really looking good. I always like to be at Rd 8 with a minimum of 5 wins. 5 from 8 and you are really looking good coming into the Origin period.

Nope we want this premiership badly this year as time is running out for this crop of legends. We need to finish top 2 , 3rd a worst. Means 6 losses only. 7 from 8, 6 at worst.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4