Bring it on

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

rmd

Reserve Grader
Tipping Member
It's 5 weeks to go and I just can't wait for the season to start.

The arms are itching, I'm sourcing the Silvertails site more than ever and searching for news. I'm scouring newspapers, web sites and just getting excited about the atrat of the season.. only 35 sleeps!

Searching for little things like how the 'representative team did in the Jason Annear 7's (we won), how they're training, any injuries, who is excelling and who is not.

Bring it on!

Has Princess recovered from his chest and shoulder problem, will he be as aggressive?
Will Brent Kite get angry again in 2013 and stamp his authority on the game?
Will MB wear headgear in 2013 (there's no doubt he'll play at the leading edge)?
Is Choc over his honeymoon? Has he expended too much energy, will he run run left or right centre?
Has Gift recovered from his finger tendon injury, will he again put defensive players minds at risk on the right side?
Will Justin Horo say "Manly made me the best NZ test player in the world!"?
Will Daly's wife give birth before the season starts and then will he give birth to an unsurpassed season of patience and calmness to direct the players around him?

Will Keiran find someone else to say "run it f.. ya?" And how many many times will he find space for Choc or others running off his left or right hip as he takes it to the line?

Has Liam Foran forgiven Daly and Kieran for dunking him in the mud?

How bad will Jamie Lyon stick it up the Titans? And how many little flicks, desperate dives will lead to or save tries? How many will he kick from the sideline?

How many legal hits will Steve Mattai make that lead his opposite to be floored on his back on the ground? And, how many metres will he make from dummy half over the year?

How many times will Wolf tear down the sideline for another 3 tries in a half?

How much will Jorge develop into one of the best wingers in the comp?

How many times will Snake chime in with no look passes, flicks and runs that lead to tries, let alone those for himself?

Who will be the bench?
Will Buhrer really step up this season and become the player to replace Gift?
Will George Rose prove his fitness to 2V (tough call)?
Will Chee-Kam make an appearance?
Mauro's been training the house down, will he keep his spot on the bench?
What impact will Richie Fauoso make? He's bound to be a favourite.
Will Joe make the bench?
Will Dane Chisholm take a bench spot?
Will Ben Farrar take a bench spot?

How well will the NSW Cup team go? They've certainly got the talent?

How well will the TYC team go? They've got older and increased the talent?

Bring it on!

atrat

Commonly known as 'before', 'pre','beginning' or 'start'.

Please feel free to use this expression after a couple of wines. The more we use it, the more likely it will be included in the Macquarie Dictionary.

rmd said:
It's 5 weeks to go and I just can't wait for the season to start.

The arms are itching, I'm sourcing the Silvertails site more than ever and searching for news. I'm scouring newspapers, web sites and just getting excited about the atrat of the season.. only 35 sleeps!

Searching for little things like how the 'representative team did in the Jason Annear 7's (we won), how they're training, any injuries, who is excelling and who is not.

Bring it on!

Has Princess recovered from his chest and shoulder problem, will he be as aggressive?
Will Brent Kite get angry again in 2013 and stamp his authority on the game?
Will MB wear headgear in 2013 (there's no doubt he'll play at the leading edge)?
Is Choc over his honeymoon? Has he expended too much energy, will he run run left or right centre?
Has Gift recovered from his finger tendon injury, will he again put defensive players minds at risk on the right side?
Will Justin Horo say "Manly made me the best NZ test player in the world!"?
Will Daly's wife give birth before the season starts and then will he give birth to an unsurpassed season of patience and calmness to direct the players around him?

Will Keiran find someone else to say "run it f.. ya?" And how many many times will he find space for Choc or others running off his left or right hip as he takes it to the line?

Has Liam Foran forgiven Daly and Kieran for dunking him in the mud?

How bad will Jamie Lyon stick it up the Titans? And how many little flicks, desperate dives will lead to or save tries? How many will he kick from the sideline?

How many legal hits will Steve Mattai make that lead his opposite to be floored on his back on the ground? And, how many metres will he make from dummy half over the year?

How many times will Wolf tear down the sideline for another 3 tries in a half?

How much will Jorge develop into one of the best wingers in the comp?

How many times will Snake chime in with no look passes, flicks and runs that lead to tries, let alone those for himself?

Who will be the bench?
Will Buhrer really step up this season and become the player to replace Gift?
Will George Rose prove his fitness to 2V (tough call)?
Will Chee-Kam make an appearance?
Mauro's been training the house down, will he keep his spot on the bench?
What impact will Richie Fauoso make? He's bound to be a favourite.
Will Joe make the bench?
Will Dane Chisholm take a bench spot?
Will Ben Farrar take a bench spot?

How well will the NSW Cup team go? They've certainly got the talent?

How well will the TYC team go? They've got older and increased the talent?

Bring it on!

atrat

Commonly known as 'before', 'pre','beginning' or 'start'.

Please feel free to use this expression after a couple of wines. The more we use it, the more likely it will be included in the Macquarie Dictionary.

Would prefer you dont call our captain princess it's disrespectful. Try playing front row in the toughest football comp in the world. You call yourself a supporter!

I'm really sorry if I upset you Sheik. Just to clarify that Jason has been known as Princess as a nickname for years. It's actually a term of endearment.

An apology will be accepted

Sheikheagle said:
Would prefer you dont call our captain princess it's disrespectful. Try playing front row in the toughest football comp in the world. You call yourself a supporter!

Notice how he didnt call himself a true supporter.

rmd said:
I'm really sorry if I upset you Sheik. Just to clarify that Jason has been known as Princess as a nickname for years. It's actually a term of endearment.

No big deal but I just don't get it!

Sheikheagle said:
rmd said:

So, King.. leads to...Queen; leads to Prince; leads to Princess (many years ago) Just as Turtle (DCE's big neck), Choc (for whatever reason but goes back to school), Snake (for his snake lollies due to diabetes), Killer (Lyon because it's close to Lion). It's just a nickname he was given years ago (well before this forum) and it's stuck.

If you mention Princess on this forum, I guess 90% will know who you are talking about. Sure, it was probably derogatory at the time he was given the nickname (maybe 6-7 years ago) because some did not believe he stood up to his name in terms of performance, but since then it's just stuck! Ultimately at the time he was given the nickname, some did not believe he was replicating his surname of King and felt he was being not only less than a King but less than a Prince.

I unfortunately was given a nickname of Nob at boarding school, something I was embarassed about at the time, but something after leaving school, I became extremely proud of.

Nicknames are nicknames. Just because I referred to Jason King as Princess does not mean I respect him any less and nor does it mean I am less of a supporter.

I sincerely hope this clarifies it for you and you get it now!

Now you can apologise.

Snake (for his snake lollies due to diabetes)

That is actually a myth...........in an interview last year Brett said that the snake nickname started when Peter Sharpe was coaching and Brett came back from that shoulder reconstruction when he was bit skinnier back than when he turned up for training, Peter said: “Your shoulders look like two brown snakes!”

:D

It's going to be a reinvigorated Manly Team in 2013.
The newbies will ensure that the incumbents earn their spot in the starting side.:angel:

I am looking forward to 13 actual Players putting in for 80 minutes.
The added workload, not to mention the frustration, that Trex imposed upon Matai and Foran is gone.
Both Players are free to attack instead of tiring themselves in defence.:rolleyes:

Even Matty Ballin will halve his workload as that new Brenton Lawrence will match him in stamina.(what are the odds that a Team has two Brents as Props ?)

Will check out the new signings at the Trials to see how they will compliment our established Premiership winners.

Gee I like it when the sun starts to wane, the leaves start to fall, the Rugby League players start to move from training status to playing status, the supporters get increasingly restless and impatient....yes blood on the toga. Its coming.

rmd said:
Sheikheagle said:
rmd said:

So, King.. leads to...Queen; leads to Prince; leads to Princess (many years ago) Just as Turtle (DCE's big neck), Choc (for whatever reason but goes back to school), Snake (for his snake lollies due to diabetes), Killer (Lyon because it's close to Lion). It's just a nickname he was given years ago (well before this forum) and it's stuck.

If you mention Princess on this forum, I guess 90% will know who you are talking about. Sure, it was probably derogatory at the time he was given the nickname (maybe 6-7 years ago) because some did not believe he stood up to his name in terms of performance, but since then it's just stuck! Ultimately at the time he was given the nickname, some did not believe he was replicating his surname of King and felt he was being not only less than a King but less than a Prince.

I unfortunately was given a nickname of Nob at boarding school, something I was embarassed about at the time, but something after leaving school, I became extremely proud of.

Nicknames are nicknames. Just because I referred to Jason King as Princess does not mean I respect him any less and nor does it mean I am less of a supporter.

I sincerely hope this clarifies it for you and you get it now!

Now you can apologise.

for what?

rmd said:

Where I went to school, everyone who went to boarding school was called knob. :)

rmd said:
some did not believe he was replicating his surname of King and felt he was being not only less than a King but less than a Prince.

How is a Princess less than a Prince? I'd assume they'd be equal :p

bones said:
rmd said:
some did not believe he was replicating his surname of King and felt he was being not only less than a King but less than a Prince.

How is a Princess less than a Prince? I'd assume they'd be equal :p

C'mon bones - we all know males are the superior species. Of course a Prince is superior to a Princess.

(joking ladies - joking. Love you all - especially you wifey) ;)

The summer break is good but share your verdict - Bring it on!!

Keen to see the venom & ruthless aggression from these new signings, especially Fa'aso & Horo who along with the young gun signings will imo add enthusiasm missing in 2012.

Can Wolf stay fit & healthy as it will really shake up the seasons aspirations without him unless.....Gagan,Tonga, Hiku or Gutherson step in & claim 2013 rookie of the season??

Other key position will be front row & these older props need to really stand tall, also keen to see Sao get a shot sometime, this kid will be gold but could be a 2014 PROPosition....

Lots of questions asked. No answers, as yet.
I just hope we are not asking during the season: Why the hell didn't She-Rex play that well for us?

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8